Technical Product Specialist
ProQuest - Who we are...
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
Product Support Specialist (Dissertations and Thesis)
What will I be doing?
The Customer Service representative is responsible for corresponding with students, teachers and administrators regarding their questions and/or concerns with status, process, or results of their submissions to ProQuest's Dissertation and Thesis product.
In this position, you will also...
- Provides proactive, seamless customer support in partnership with other internal departments and external vendors when deemed necessary.
- Responds to customer inquiries with high degree of professionalism.
- Provide documentation of responses that can service as a guide for future questions.
Three Reasons you should apply...
- You thrive in a high-touch, service-oriented customer service role.
- You will enjoy challenging but stimulating work that presents a unique challenge every day.
- You see service level goals as an opportunity to demonstrate your value.
This job may not be a fit if...
- Having service level goals is stressful for you.
- You don't enjoy constant communication with customers and team members.
- You prefer consistent direction in a predictable work days.
Qualified Candidates must have...
- Bachelors' degree and 1-3 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a high-volume customer service organization, preferably serving global customers.
- Proven skills with MS Office suite of products.
- Working knowledge of SalesForce.com or similar tool.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: able to forge strong working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Professional, enthusiastic presence with ability to effectively work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills, with a focus on accuracy and on-time delivery.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong focus on learning, with ability to share knowledge and quickly learn and adapt to change.
- Strong analytical skills (system analysis, troubleshooting, etc.)
- Ability to adjust work schedule to meet month end deadlines.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have...
- Multi-lingual skills are preferable for international support.
- Strong understanding of ProQuest policies and procedures and how they relate to product, market and/or regions.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is based out of the Ann Arbor, MI
- Very little to no travel is required
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
- We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
- We hold fun on-site events
- Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
- We have a relaxed dress code... yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
- All employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you take pride in providing Gold Star
Customer Service please consider joining our talented team!!
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Justine works with academic libraries, guiding their transition from a previous ILS—integrated library system—onto Alma, helping to migrate all of their data and educating the librarians about the system.
Back to top