Support Analyst (Library Systems)
ExLibris, a ProQuest company, is a leading provider of library automation solutions, offering the only comprehensive product suite for the discovery, management, and distribution of all materials—print, electronic, and digital.
As a Support Analyst ( Library Systems), you will provide application support for Alma, Primo and Rosetta. This is a great career opportunity for someone with library application support and experience!
What you will be doing?
- Provides proactive, seamless customer support in partnership with other internal departments in response to client service requests.
- Pulls open cases from Tier-1 shared queue, according to pre-defined guidelines, and becomes owner until resolution or until escalated to Tier-2.
- Maintains close contact and open communication with customers (documenting all work and customer communication in Salesforce)
- Works closely with Tier-2 staff to deliver exceptional service.
- Escalates complex issues to Tier-2 as necessary.
- Follows (and contributes to) internal troubleshooting procedures, as well as customer-facing Knowledge Articles.
- Provides manager with regular updates on common problems encountered and identifies possible longer-term solutions/improvements to reduce future problems.
- Attends and reports on product updates or training sessions.
- Communicates important issues and information to team in order to improve team performance.
What you will need to be successful?
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years’ related client service experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong analytical skills (e.g. system analysis, troubleshooting and debugging code).
- Strong understanding of web related technologies (e.g. HTML, CSS and Web Proxy).
- High level of learning agility, with ability to learn, comprehend and explain complex product functionality and value proposition.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with ability to enthusiastically and professionally interact with a diverse blend of personality types.
- Ability to productively work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Proven skills with MS Office Suite products.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to participate in phone support shifts between 7:00 am to 6:00 pm Central.
- Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science, or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of UNIX and/or MySQL/Oracle/Python.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing market/business conditions.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is based in our Des Plaines, IL office location and is not conducive to remote work.
- Occasional travel is required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Senior Manager Of Customer Experience, North America
As Senior Manager, Sharon ensures timely, accurate, and high-quality customer service by working closely with Sales, Marketing, and Support Teams to focus on service and meeting customer expectations.
Back to top