Ex Libris a ProQuest company is a leading provider of library automation solutions, offering the only comprehensive product suite for the discovery, management, and distribution of all materials—print, electronic, and digital.
We are seeking a Support Analyst in Des Plaines, IL location who will be responsible to log, document, resolves questions and problems related to Ex Libris library automation solutions. This would be a great career opportunity with someone with library application support and experiences.
What you will be doing?
- Provides proactive, seamless customer support in partnership with other internal departments in response to client service requests.
- Pulls open cases from Tier-1 shared queue, according to pre-defined guidelines, and becomes owner until resolution or until escalated to Tier-2.
- Maintains close contact and open communication with customers (documenting all work and customer communication in Salesforce).
- Works closely with Tier-2 staff to deliver exceptional service.
- Escalates complex issues to Tier-2 as necessary.
- Follows (and contributes to) internal troubleshooting procedures, as well as customer-facing Knowledge Articles.
- Provides manager with regular updates on common problems encountered and identifies possible longer-term solutions/improvements to reduce future problems.
- Attends and reports on product updates or training sessions.
- Communicates important issues and information to team in order to improve team performance.
What you will need to be successful?
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years’ related client service experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong analytical skills (e.g. system analysis, troubleshooting and debugging code).
- Strong understanding of web related technologies (e.g. HTML, CSS and Web Proxy).
- High level of learning agility, with ability to learn, comprehend and explain complex product functionality and value proposition.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with ability to enthusiastically and professionally interact with a diverse blend of personality types.
- Ability to productively work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Proven skills with MS Office Suite products.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to participate in phone support shifts between 7:00 am to 6:00 pm Central.
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
- Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science, or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of UNIX and/or MySQL/Oracle/Python.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing market/business conditions.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is based in our Des Plaines, IL office location and is not conducive to remote work.
- Occasional travel is required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Back to top