Ex Libris Group, a ProQuest Company, is a leading provider of library automation solutions to university, college, and research libraries worldwide. We offer the only comprehensive product suite for the discovery, management, and distribution of all materials—print, electronic, and digital. Explore Working at Ex Libris Group, a ProQuest Company by clicking here.
We are looking for a motivated, library professional with a strong background in library technologies/technical support to join our team of Support Analysts backing our Primo search and discovery product. As a Support Analyst, you will work in a fast-paced and exciting environment where your contributions will directly impact the success of our customers. Primarily serving Librarians, you will leverage a ticketing system to review and address technical issues in a Tier 1 support role.
This team is dedicated, hard working, and passionate about the technology (HTML, CSS, Web Proxy, etc.) and the mission of the organization. The nature of the work lends itself to learning not only the technology but many aspects of the business, setting you up to grow your career within the organization and beyond.
- Responding to customer problems/questions.
- Investigating, diagnosing, and addressing application support issues, and documenting ongoing progress via the ticketing system.
- Maintaining excellent written and verbal communication with customers.
- Sharing knowledge of known issues and best practices by referring customers to relevant Knowledge Articles, and contributing to new Knowledge Articles.
- Identifying issues that require investigation by Tier 2, and transferring the Case to Tier 2 with a detailed description of findings from the initial investigation.
Qualified Candidates Must Have...
- Bachelor's degree with at least 2 years' related client service experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong analytical skills (e.g. system analysis, application troubleshooting, debugging code, etc.).
- Experience using/troubleshooting web-related technologies (e.g. HTML, CSS, Web Proxy, etc.).
- Knowledge of Unix commands and/or MySQL queries is helpful, but not required.
- High level of learning agility, with ability to learn, comprehend and explain complex product functionality and value proposition.
- Ability to individually manage a rapidly changing set of tasks and priorities, while collaborating with other team members to achieve team goals.
All-Star Candidates Also Have...
- Master's Degree in Library or Information Science, or equivalent is highly desirable.
- Experience working in a library in a library operations role or related technical/support role is also desirable.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing market/business conditions.
This job might be a good fit for you if...
- You enjoy customer service and interaction
- You're passionate about libraries and research
- You've designed and created websites
- You enjoy solving the puzzle and trouble shooting complex software
Additional Highlights of Working as an Ex Libris Support Analyst
- Work with a leading provider of discovery and library automation solutions:
- Fast paced and exciting environment that will challenge and develop your troubleshooting skills;
- Gain a understanding of how libraries operate, and provide services to their users;
- Develop your technical, time management, and project management skills;
- Improve your communication skills to become a Support Professional.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is based at the Ex Libris office in Des Plaines, IL. and is not appropriate for remote work.
- Occasional travel is required, less than 5%
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Working within the Professional Services Group, Laura acts as a customer advocate and liaison, helping librarians as they use Rosetta for digital preservation—and communicating their needs to Development Teams.
Back to top