ProQuest - Who we are...
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world. ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
Ex Libris Group, a ProQuest Company, is a leading provider of library automation solutions to university, college, and research libraries worldwide. We offer the only comprehensive product suite for the discovery, management, and distribution of all materials-print, electronic, and digital.
What will I be doing?
As a Support Analyst, you will work in a fast-paced and exciting environment where your contributions will directly impact the success of our customers. Primarily serving academic and research libraries, you will leverage a ticketing system to review and address technical issues in a Tier 1 support role. We are looking for a motivated, library professional with a strong background in library technologies/technical support.
In this position, you will also...
• Provide proactive, seamless customer support in partnership with other internal departments in response to client service requests.
• Maintain close contact and open communication with key customers.
• Work within the Salesforce case management system to create detailed work logs.
• Actively participate in product discussions, working closely with senior members of the team to optimize the customer experience.
• Follow technical documentation procedures to maintain accuracy and ensure documentation is up to date.
• Attend and report on product updates or training sessions.
• Author and maintain product support collateral to enhance product adoption and usage, including FAQ's, Technical Tips, technical/functional specifications, etc.
Qualified Candidates must have...
• Bachelor's degree or higher in related field with a minimum of 2 years of related client service experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with library workflow tools such as OPACs, discovery layers, academic research tools and other bibliographic records systems.
• Experience with web related technologies (i.e. HTML, CSS, Web Proxy, IP addresses).
• Proven skills with MS Office Suite of products.
• Strong analytical skills (e.g. system analysis, troubleshooting, debugging code, etc.).
• Ability to work productively independently and as part of a collaborative team.
• High level of learning agility, with ability to learn, comprehend and explain complex product functionality and value proposition.
• Strong organizational skills with an ability to work well under stringent deadlines.
• Ability to consistently follow predefined guidelines, protocols, and procedures as directed.
• Professional and customer satisfaction driven attitude.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate in both technical and non-technical language with customers and co-workers.
It would be awesome if you also had...
• Master's degree in Library and Information Science is highly desirable.
• Professional experience working in a library operations role or related technical support role.
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing market/business conditions.
Other important information about this position:
• This position is based at the Ex Libris office in Des Plaines, IL and is not appropriate for remote work.
• Occasional travel is required.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code... yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you take pride in providing excellent customer service in a collaborative environment, please consider joining our talented team!
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Justine works with academic libraries, guiding their transition from a previous ILS—integrated library system—onto Alma, helping to migrate all of their data and educating the librarians about the system.
Back to top