Sr. Director, Product Marketing Management - PQIS Products
The Sr. Director of Product Marketing – PQIS (ProQuest Information Services) will directly influence all aspects of the day-to-day activities of the Product Marketing Managers, while ensuring that the overall go-to-market messaging within PQIS is coordinated, consistent, and resonates with customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the creation of demand-generation and renewal campaign and program strategies that cascade from the overall Customer Segment and Business Unit annual Strategic Plans.
- Works closely with the Global Enterprise and Field marketing teams, who will execute these plans to ensure alignment and production of key product and segment priorities.
- Works with Product Marketing Managers to develop product positioning, buyer personas, market penetration and other research by product/region/segment.
- Ensures that messaging at the product and business unit is refined, clear, and communicates the value proposition, positioning, and selling messages to the Global Field Marketing, Customer Segment and most the Global Sales organizations.
- Builds, manages, and refines systems to improve feedback from Customers and Sales to Product Management and Marketing in order to inform segment planning, product development, product positioning, and messaging.
- Coordinates product-level PR opportunities linked to product launches, enhancements, and new content in conjunction with Sales, Field, Segment Marketing, and the Sales teams.
- Supports market research efforts by Product Management.
- Leads development, data collection and analysis of results of quantitative research surveys to inform Product Management and broader Business Unit strategic planning and product roadmaps.
- Ensures that effective product information/tools, with key messaging for sales are created, updated, and posted to internal Product Information Network.
- Outlines and helps produce white papers, case studies and thought leadership pieces.
- Manages formal higher-level Advisory Boards/user groups.
- Manages product-level/business unit marketing budgets and reporting, in conjunction with the Business Unit General Manager and ProQuest Finance teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field such as Business, Marketing, or any academic discipline, plus at least 15 years of experience in product marketing, marketing communications, product management, or related field.
- 5 years of experience managing professional staff focused on complex, high-impact deliverables.
- 5 or more years of experience in the licensed information services/content or digital publishing industry and/or academic library information market.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams for successful implementation of integrated marketing plans.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a diverse blend of personalities.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively partner and collaborate across a broad and complex organization end-to-end.
- Deep understanding of scholarly research process.
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
- Knowledge of institutional e-book business models.
- Knowledge of discovery and management software solutions for libraries.
- Knowledge of data solutions of value to academic, public, and professional libraries.
Other important information about this position:
- This position may be based remotely in Ann Arbor, New York, D.C., Bethesda or other location subject to approval
- Employees can expect 30-50% travel
- This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Back to top