Sr. Director of Product Marketing
Senior Director of Product Marketing
What is ProQuest?
In Texas, a grad student unearths a lost work by Walt Whitman, opening new perspectives on the influential poet. In Germany, a cancer researcher’s refined workflow takes treatment a vital step forward. In Rotuma, a filmmaker inspires researchers everywhere to explore the culture of his tiny Polynesian island.
In classrooms, libraries, businesses and homes worldwide, people are doing extraordinary things with help from ProQuest, a leader in research and educational technology, based here in Ann Arbor.
What will I be doing?
Based in either Mountain View or Ann Arbor, the Sr. Director of Product Marketing will directly influence all aspects of the day-to-day activities of the Product Marketing Managers in our Books division (See product examples here) including Ebooks and Tech platforms. Your work will include ensuring that the overall go-to-market messaging for all business units and products is coordinated, consistent, and resonates with customers. Working at a global level, you will develop relationships and influence senior leadership to help drive sales leads, assess market conditions and deliver on key initiatives.
You will also:
- Oversee the creating of demand-generation and renewal campaign and program strategies
- Work closely with the Global Enterprise and Field Marketing teams
- Works with Product Marketing Managers to develop product positioning, buyer personas, market penetration
- Builds, manages, and refines systems to improve feedback from customers and sales to Product Management and Marketing in order to inform segment planning, product development, product positioning, and messaging.
- Supports market research efforts by Product Management.
- Leads development, data collection, and analysis of results of quantitative research surveys
- Outlines and helps produce white papers, case studies and thought leadership pieces.
- Manages product-level/business unit marketing budgets and reporting, in conjunction with the Business Unit General Manager and ProQuest Finance teams.
Qualified Candidates Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field such as Business, Marketing, or any academic discipline, plus at least 15 years of experience in product marketing, marketing communications, product management, or related field.
- 5 years of experience managing professional staff focused on complex, high-impact deliverables.
- 5 or more years of experience in the licensed information services/content or digital publishing industry and/or academic library information market.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams for successful implementation of integrated marketing plans.
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
- Knowledge of institutional e-book business models.
- Knowledge of discovery and management software solutions for libraries.
- Knowledge of data solutions of value to academic, public, and professional libraries.
Additional Information for Sr Director Product Marketing Manager – Books:
- This position is based in the Ann Arbor, MI or Mountain View, CA office.
- Up to 30% travel is required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Back to top