ProQuest - Who we are...
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world. ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
Ex Libris Group, a ProQuest Company, is a leading provider of library automation solutions to university, college, and research libraries worldwide. We offer the only comprehensive product suite for the discovery, management, and distribution of all materials-print, electronic and digital.
What will I be doing?
Being a Solutions Architect at Ex Libris is fun and rewarding. In this position, you will be focused on our newest product offering, Esploro and have the opportunity to bring this early-stage product to market. You will work with our sales team to serve as a subject-matter expert. You will meet with stakeholders from within the academic research sector, including research administrators, librarians and the researchers to conduct demonstrations, discussions and presentations about the Ex Libris approach to understanding and organizing research data and the research process. You would bring experience in metrics and assessments, academic outputs, research workflows and related areas to provide credible expertise in bringing our exciting new Esploro product to the academic market. You will have the opportunity to architect and customize digital solutions for Academic Research Libraries across the country. Providing SME level support, you will demonstrate the benefits and capabilities of popular, market leading software solutions. The function of this position is all about finding the best way to help the client.
If you love libraries and research and have a passion for helping these institutions be successful, keep reading!
In this position, you will also...
• Conduct meetings with potential clients to determine functionality and ensure all necessary information is collected prior to producing a solution.
• Provide consultation to Account Managers and prospective clients by telephone, email, in-person or webinar.
• Provide effective product and technology demonstrations to audiences of varied technical abilities.
• Provide technical solutions in a professional manner and ensure solutions fit within the customers' requirements.
• Interface with the Professional Services team, articulating customer requirements, to ensure a smooth transition from sale to delivery.
• Attend customer user group meetings, sales meetings and occasional industry conferences.
• Assist with RFP responses.
Three Reasons you should apply...
1. You're ready for a new adventure, broadening your experience and diversifying your skill set.
2. A change of pace with non-traditional hours sounds exciting.
3. You want to travel and be involved with educational research environments around the country.
This job may not be a fit if...
1. You prefer to be at home and not traveling.
2. Delivering presentations in front of sizable groups of professionals sounds intimidating or unpleasant.
3. You do not enjoy sales engineering.
Qualified Candidates must have...
• Bachelor's degree or higher in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3-5 years of experience working in a research oriented environment.
• Presentation experience, with strong skill set in planning and leading online and in-person presentations.
• Knowledge of current and evolving library practices and trends.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
It would be awesome if you also had...
• Professional experience working in a university research office or similar department
• Commercial enterprise experience; specifically providing research solutions to universities
• Advanced knowledge of the higher education research environment
• Previous experience working with higher education leadership, such as Provost, Library Dean or VP of Research
Other important information about this position:
• This position is conducive to a remote work opportunity.
• Frequent travel is required, up to 50%.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code... yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you take pride in providing customer demonstrations and working with technical products, please consider joining our talented team!
Back to top