Software Test Engineer Senior
The Software Test Engineer Senior designs, implements, and executes automated test scripts, analyzes failure points, documents test results and mentors junior level software test engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, implements & executes automated tests.
- Debugs and fixes existing automated scripts.
- Checks out, updates, commits to and pushes code.
- Configures regression framework to run against different instances
- Executes and maintains manual test scripts as needed.
- Uses bug tracking and report generating tools
- Communicates test progress, test results, and other relevant information to leadership and/or stakeholders.
- Mentors junior level software test engineers.
- Coordinates work with offshore software development partners.
- Knowledge of automated configuration management, build processes, and requirement tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related discipline plus a minimum of 5 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to design, implement and execute automated tests and clearly document results.
- Experience with Linux and windows server environments.
- Experience with databases such as MSSQL, MYSQL or Oracle.
- Experienced with multiple programming languages.
- Ability to learn the software development lifecycle and QA methodology.
- Strong troubleshooting skills combined with the ability to break down complex issues.
- Ability to comprehend business requirements and software specification documents.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Ability to learn new tools.
- Active in pursuing learning opportunities.
- Previous experience with: Selenium, JIRA, SharePoint, Agile Methodologies.
- XML, HTML, and SGML skills.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is typically based in a ProQuest office location and may be appropriate for full or partial remote work, subject to approval.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Senior Manager Of Customer Experience, North America
As Senior Manager, Sharon ensures timely, accurate, and high-quality customer service by working closely with Sales, Marketing, and Support Teams to focus on service and meeting customer expectations.
Back to top