Software Test Engineer
ProQuest products are a gateway to the world’s knowledge. Our vast collections span six centuries, all disciplines and, the diverse content needed by researchers. We provide the world’s largest collection of dissertations and theses. Researchers find three centuries of newspapers; more than half a billion academic e-books; collections of important scholarly journals and other content they need for primary source materials in their area of study.
It’s an exciting time to be working for ProQuest! We have a culture of innovation and a versatile, collaborative environment where you can work on projects that have high visibility throughout the company. ProQuest offers excellent professional growth potential to help you thrive.
Are you seeking a Software Test Engineer with an exciting company?
The Software Test Engineer designs, implements, and executes automated test scripts, analyzes failure points, performs manual testing as needed and documents issues found during testing.
What you will be doing?
- Designs, implements & executes automated tests.
- Debugs and fixes existing automated scripts.
- Checks out, updates, commits to and pushes code.
- Configures regression framework to run against different instances
- Executes and maintains manual test scripts as needed.
- Uses bug tracking and report generating tools
- Communicates test progress, test results, and other relevant information to leadership and/or stakeholders.
What do you need to be successful?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years’ related experience
- Ability to design, implement and execute automated tests and clearly document results.
- Ability to learn the software development lifecycle and QA methodology.
- Strong troubleshooting skills combined with the ability to break down complex issues.
- Ability to comprehend business requirements and software specification documents.
- Experience with Linux and windows server environments.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
- Experience with Selenium and Java highly preferred.
- GitHub, JIRA and SharePoint.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is based out of Ann Arbor ProQuest office location.
- This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
While other companies might say they value work/life balance, ProQuest lives it. Our work environment is casual, we have great benefits and working hours are flexible. Based in Ann Arbor, we are within walking distance to Downtown, Briarwood Mall and multiple dining experiences. Join ProQuest today. Live and work in Ann Arbor, a naturally beautiful, vibrant and world-class city.
Back to top