Software Test Engineer
ProQuest - Who we are...
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
Software Test Engineer
What will I be doing?
Using your knoweldge of Java and Selenium to create both automated and manutal test scripts, you will analyze failure points, and perform manual testing. Because you will be working on a global team, you will have the chance to interact cross-functinoally and cross-culturally. This is an exciting opportunity to work on our Ebooks Central product and to support libraries and their patrons.
In this position, you will also..
• Design, implement & execute automated tests.
• Debug and fix existing automated scripts.
• Check , update, commit to and push code.
• Configure regression framework to run against different instances
• Execute and maintain manual test scripts as needed.
• Use bug tracking and report generating tools
• Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to leadership and/or stakeholders.
Three reasons you should apply...
1. You enjoy diving into the details and digging deep into technical problems.
2. Being interactive with your colleagues, users and the development team is exciting for you.
3. Your input is valued and your contributions are meaningful. You're more than just a number at ProQuest!
This job may not be a fit if...
1. Tight deadlines are challenging and frustrating for you.
2. Sometimes it's hard for you to see things from the User's perspective.
3. Connecting the dots and using your imagingation to envision the user's goal is stressful and difficult.
Qualified Candidates Must Have...
• Bachelor's degree in related field such as Computer Science, plus at least 2 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to design, implement and execute automated tests and clearly document results.
• Experience with Linux and windows server environments.
• Experience with databases such as MSSQL, MYSQL or Oracle.
• Ability to learn the software development lifecycle and QA methodology.
• Strong troubleshooting skills combined with the ability to break down complex issues.
• Ability to comprehend business requirements and software specification documents.
• Excellent communication and time management skills.
• Ability to learn new tools.
• Active in pursuing learning opportunities.
Superstar Candidates Will ALSO Have...
• Previous experience with: Selenium, Java, Cucumber, BDD, JIRA, SharePoint, Agile Methodologies.
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you take pride in your work, please consider joining our talented team!!
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Justine works with academic libraries, guiding their transition from a previous ILS—integrated library system—onto Alma, helping to migrate all of their data and educating the librarians about the system.
Back to top