Software QA Test Engineer Auto
Ex Libris, a ProQuest company is looking for a Software QA Test Engineer to join their expanding Team. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the processes of the QA team within the company. The Software QA Test Engineer will assure the successful delivery of new features and products to our users. Working closely with both business and technical teams our QA Engineers design, plan and execute testing across various platforms including Mobile Apps and Desktop browsers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and maintaining our automated test cases on various platforms (Web, Android and iOS).
- Testing new features or running an automated regression, you will lead your work and deliver the most stable and bug free product.
- Maintain, run and enhance the automation suite using Selenium, Appium and Cucumber.
- Provide reports on test progress, test results, and other relevant information.
- Log defects into bug tracking system and provide necessary defect reports.
- Running the tests under continuous integration server (Jenkins).
- Jenkins report analysis and job configurations.
- Follow and continually enhance quality assurance processes and procedures.
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new feature under development or consideration and raise concerns around missing, incomplete or unclear requirements.
- Ensure testing activities validate the product meets business requirements and product goals, fulfills end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues raising risks to the QA Lead where necessary.
- Planning and scheduling project work, revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Creating and executing test cases and scenarios that cover both sanity and in-depth testing.
- Preparing test scenarios in a structured way, prioritised to reflect business or technical priorities.
- Ability to set application configurations and create test data sets.
- Accurately recording the output of testing, logging defects with sufficient clarity and managing them throughout the defect life cycle.
- Support with manual testing tasks when required.
- BSc Honours, in a Computer Science related degree.
- 3 years working with Java and Selenium
- 1-2 years working with Appium
- Effective planning, organisation and time management skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills combined with the ability to break down complex issues and provide creative solutions.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently.
- Ability to function professionally and proactively in a team environment - being a good team player is essential.
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
- Experience with BrowserStack or similar
- Experience with Serenity
- Experience with Cucumber
- Experience with Confluence
- Experience with Jira
- Experience with Jenkins
Other important information about this position:
- This position is based in the Ex Libris offices in Wolverhampton, UK.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
Back to top