Software Engineer Senior
We will be hosting an invitation only, after-hours networking event on June 20th at our office in Bethesda. This networking event will provide technology professionals seeking new career opportunities with the opportunity to mingle with our technology leadership and learn more about ProQuest. If you are interested in attending, please complete the pre-registration form.
Alexander Street, a ProQuest company, publishes curated, discipline-focused, primary-source collections, websites, and streaming media for learning and research. Explore working at ProQuest!
Why join this team?
The applications you will be supporting help university libraries enhance learning for students and the team's self-described mission is "making silent voices heard". Pretty cool, right?
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will have an opportunity to develop the next-generation technologies used by our content teams to manage the data enrichment process and ingestion at scale.
You'll spend most of your time developing on projects critical to our business needs with the opportunity to switch teams and projects as you can grow and evolve. In this role, you will display versatility, creativity, and technical leadership while being enthusiastic in tackling new challenges across the full-LAMP stack and other technologies as we continue to push our goals forward.
You will also...
- Implement software specifications for large-scale systems
- Act as Technical Lead on assigned projects
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverable
- Suggest alternative methodologies or techniques for improving efficiency
- Attend stakeholders meetings
What will you need to be successful?
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- At least 6 years of software development experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with the LAMP stack including source control systems
- Familiarity with Python, XML, or Java
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
Other important information about this position:
- This position can be remote, however the Alexandria, VA office location is highly preferred.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
- The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Justine works with academic libraries, guiding their transition from a previous ILS—integrated library system—onto Alma, helping to migrate all of their data and educating the librarians about the system.
Back to top