Software Engineer - Full Stack
ProQuest – Who we are…
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
What will I be doing?
As a frontend Software Engineer working on one of our fledgling products, you’ll have the chance to truly impact ProQuest’s future product line. Working on an application that leverages aspects of Artificial Intelligence (AI), you’ll spend your days coding, meeting with peers and ideating the development of an enterprise-level product. This is the big leagues!
The successful candidate will have the chance to gain exposure to several popular technologies and methodologies such as AWS, AI, Agile Development Methodology, and single-page apps development. If you’re a passionate technologist who wants to work in a fun, innovative environment, keep reading!
In this position, you will also…
• Develop and code for software specifications
• Participate as a team member on various engineering projects
• Suggest alternative methodologies or techniques to achieving desired results
• Develop and maintain understanding of products, manufacturing processes, and product applications
• Manually test and unit test applications
• Review and revise new procedures as needed for the continuing development of high quality systems
• Maintain knowledge of technical advances and evaluate new hardware / software for company use
• Follow departmental policies, procedures, and work instructions
• Work closely with higher-level engineers to increase functional knowledge and advance career
Reasons you should apply...
1. As part of a small team, you’ll have a voice that will influence the development of this product
2. This product is driven by machine learning, this work will give you exposure to this cutting-edge technology
3. You’ll be exposed to other trending technologies including Single-Page Apps and AWS
This job may not be a fit if...
1. You want to work in a “heads-down”, less collaborative environment.
3. Working on a small team where your work is a key to the team’s success means that everything is under a microscope for better or worse
Qualified Candidates must have…
• Bachelors’ degree or higher in related field, such as Computer Engineering or Computer Science, plus at least 4 years of software development experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to learn and master standard technologies and programming languages used in software development.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have…
• Ability to understand and programmatically manipulate XML.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• Forbes Ranks ProQuest among 2018 America’s Best Mid-Size Employers
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code… yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you are a passionate technologist looking for a fun place to leverage your talents, please consider joining our talented team!
Other important information about this position:
• This position is located in our Ann ARbor ProQuest office; occasional remote work may be acceptable, subject to approval.
• Occasional travel may be required less than 10%
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with scheduling flexibility available around standard business hours to accommodate clients in alternate geographies and time zones.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
Back to top