Java Web Developer, London
Research is an industry leader in the coverage of research funding opportunities, news, and analysis. A successful publishing and data business with a strong technology focus, we have an extensive customer base of over 250 institutions in the United Kingdom, continental Europe, Australia, and New Zealand.
We’re based in Shoreditch and have a friendly office environment. On the technical side, we like to do things properly, focusing on quality and using best practices such as test-driven development and continuous integration.
Research is part of Ex Libris, a ProQuest company.
We’re looking for a Java web developer to join our small but experienced development team. Our ideal candidate would be someone who has a strong record of developing and delivering Java-based applications and is happy working across the full stack. We’re more concerned about ability than years of experience but candidates should have spent at least 1 year working in a Java role.
The focus of this role will be working on our main *Research Professional subscriber website, developing new features and working towards plans for an eventual replacement of this service.
- Participation in analysis, spring planning and design activities
- Implementation of solutions using best practices including TDD, Clean Code
- Participation in code reviews
- Contributing to the product delivery process utilising Continuous Integration and DevOps
- Taking an active interest in the improvement of our processes and tools Skills & Experience
- Good Java 7/8 development experience
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Ability and curiosity to learn and develop new skills
- Java 7/8 essential
- The following would also be an advantage:
- PostgreSQL or equivalent
Back to top