ProQuest - Who we are...
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
Software Engineer (Oracle Application Stack)
What will I be doing?
You will work on intriguing projects like merging the company's database systems which include middleware of Oracle backend and Oracle forms. You will become an expert in the functionality of the applications and work closely with the architect and stakeholders to build efficiencies using SQL based codes and screens for Ingestions. You will also use acute problems solving and creativity skills to identify and fix bugs in Oracle PL/SQL and in forms (Oracle Application Stack) and using Oracle Apex (rapid development tool). You'll also get to use Informatica, Tableau, PowerBuilder, and other exciting technologies to help promote data warehousing and data management efficiencies.
In this position, you will also...
- Participate as a team member on various engineering projects.
- Suggest alternative methodologies or techniques to achieving desired results.
- Develop and maintain understanding of products, manufacturing processes, and product applications.
- Manually tests and unit tests all assigned applications.
- Write application technical documentation.
- Review and revises new procedures as needed for the continuing development of high quality systems.
- Maintain knowledge of technical advances and evaluates new hardware / software for company use.
- Follow departmental policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Work closely with higher-level engineers to increase functional knowledge.
Three Reasons you should apply...
- You will have the opportunity to take ownership and make immediate and meaningful contributions.
- This is a collaborative environment with the opportunity to work cross-functionally and latest technology to solve problems.
- You're naturally curious and you want to work in an environment where it's okay to ask, "Why"
This job may not be a fit if...
- You prefer to be given a list of tasks that you can work through and accomplish
- You enjoy knowing exactly what your day has in-store for you
Qualified Candidates must have...
- Bachelors' degree or higher in related field, such as Computer Engineering or Computer Science, plus at least 4 years of software development experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years continuous experience with Oracle PL/SQL.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn and master standard programming languages.
- Ability to write detailed design specifications based on user requirements.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have...
- Experience with Unix Shell Scripting
- Experience with Informatica ETL
Other important information about this position:
- This position will be based in Ann Arbor, MI. (Not a remote positions)
- Very limited to no travel is required
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
- We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
- We hold fun on-site events
- Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
- We have a relaxed dress code... yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
- All employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you take pride in delivering world-class solutions to data warehousing challenges, please consider joining our talented team!!
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Justine works with academic libraries, guiding their transition from a previous ILS—integrated library system—onto Alma, helping to migrate all of their data and educating the librarians about the system.
Back to top