The Software Engineer is responsible for implementation and testing phases of the software development life cycle, occasionally providing input into design.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements software for specifications of medium complexity for limited scale systems.
- Participates as a team member on various engineering projects.
- Suggests alternative methodologies or techniques to achieving desired results.
- Develops and maintains understanding of products, manufacturing processes, and product applications.
- Manually tests and unit tests all assigned applications.
- Writes application technical documentation.
- Reviews and revises new procedures as needed for the continuing development of high quality systems.
- Maintains knowledge of technical advances and evaluates new hardware / software for company use.
- Follows departmental policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Works closely with higher-level engineers to increase functional knowledge.\
- Bachelors' degree or higher in related field, such as Computer Engineering or Computer Science, plus at least 4 years of software development experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to learn and master standard programming languages.
- Ability to write detailed design specifications based on user requirements.
- Ability to work with standard office tools.
- Ability to work with source control systems.
- Ability to work with design tools (e.g. Visio).
- Ability to work in an agile environment.
- Ability to understand and programmatically manipulate XML.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is typically located in a ProQuest office location; occasional remote work may be acceptable, subject to approval.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with scheduling flexibility available around standard business hours to accommodate clients in alternate geographies and time zones.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Working within the Professional Services Group, Laura acts as a customer advocate and liaison, helping librarians as they use Rosetta for digital preservation—and communicating their needs to Development Teams.
Back to top