ProQuest - Who we are...
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning. Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world. ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
What will I be doing?
As a Software Engineer on ProQuest's Ebook Central development team, you will be directly responsible for the implementation and testing phases of the software development life cycle, occasionally providing input into design.
In this position, you will also...
• Implement software for specifications of medium complexity for limited scale systems.
• Participate as a team member on various engineering projects.
• Suggest alternative methodologies or techniques to achieving desired results.
• Develop and maintain understanding of products, manufacturing processes and product applications.
• Manually test and unit test all assigned applications.
• Write application technical documentation.
• Review and revise new procedures as needed for continued development of high quality systems.
• Maintain knowledge of technical advances and evaluate new hardware/software for company use.
• Follow departmental policies, procedures and work instructions.
• Work closely with higher-level engineers to increase functional knowledge.
Three Reasons you should apply...
1. If you want the opportunity to work on a company-wide development project
2. If you are motivated by working with leading edge technologies
3. If you enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
Qualified Candidates must have...
• Bachelor's degree or higher in related field, such as Computer Engineering or Computer Science, plus at least 4 years of software development experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to learn and master standard programming languages.
• Ability to write detailed design specifications based on user requirements.
• Ability to work with standard office tools.
• Ability to work with source control systems.
• Ability to work with design tools (e.g. Visio).
• Ability to work in an agile environment.
It would be awesome if you also had...
• Previous experience both using and implementing REST APIs.
• Previous experience using SQL databases.
• Experience developing in Java8.
• Experience using Angular5.
• Experience working with AWS.
Other important information about this position:
• This position will be based in ProQuest's Bethesda, MD office location; occasional remote work may be acceptable, subject to approval.
• Occasional travel may be required.
• This position requires weekday attendance with scheduling flexibility available around standard business hours to accommodate clients in alternate geographies and time zones.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code
• All employees have access to ProQuest research products including eBooks, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you take pride in creating software, please consider joining our talented team!
Back to top