Software Architect Senior
ProQuest - Who we are...
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
Senior Software Architect
What will I be doing?
You will be challenged with designing exemplary solutions to our EBook Central product. You'll design and implement new functionality to enhance the application's ability to predict the interests of the consumer and determine consumer access permissions . You will work closely with multiple stakeholders both inside and outside of the business to facilitate integration amongst various platforms (bother internal & external) to create and execute the design and integration of eBooks products which includes global, large-scale solutions and enterprise initiatives.
If you're someone who is motivated by cool technology, a great team and noble causes, keep reading!
In this position, you will also...
- Provide technical leadership on large-scale projects
- resolves issues, perform research to determine solutions, and prioritize technical strategiest.
- Review requirements; generates architecture documents; provides rough order of magnitude estimates; and implements and performs unit, integration, and capacity testing.
- Share architecture with your team, ensuring design consistency during development.
- Write architecture documentation.
- Propose, develops, reviews and revises new procedures as needed for the continuing development of high quality systems.
- Provide support to assigned ProQuest systems.
- Provide technical guidance to other team members.
- Maintain knowledge of and proposes technical advances based on newer technologies.
- Evaluate hardware and capacity needs.
Three reasons you should apply...
- Working with good people in a positive environment is important to you.
- You pride yourself on your ability to collaborate.
- You believe that the way in which you achieve the goal is important.
This job may not be a fit if...
- Tight deadlines is challenging and frustrating for you.
- You're more of a "heads down", independent worker.
- You like to work in a static environment.
Qualified Candidates Must Have...
- Bachelors' degree or higher in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years of software development experience using C#.net, Java or similar programming.
- Must have solid hands on experience working with SQL Server, Oracle or MySql.
- 3+ years of previous software architecture experience.
- 3+ years of solid experience writing functional / detailed design / architectural specifications based on user and/or system requirements.
- Solid understanding of advanced principles of software architecture.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have...
- Master's Degree (or higher) in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Relational database programming experience.
- Open Source programming experience (Linux)
Other important information about this position:
- This position will be based in Ann Arbor, MI office location.
- Very limited travel of up to 10% is required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
- We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
- We hold fun on-site events
- Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
- We have a relaxed dress code... yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
- All employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you take pride in delivering world-class products technical solutions, please consider joining our talented team!!
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Justine works with academic libraries, guiding their transition from a previous ILS—integrated library system—onto Alma, helping to migrate all of their data and educating the librarians about the system.
Back to top