Software Architect Senior
The Software Architect Senior is responsible for the design and integration of large-scale systems and enterprise initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Architects, designs, and implements applications that conform to a business need; typically will master multiple subsystems of a large scale system and play key roles in enterprise projects.
- Provides technical leadership on large-scale projects, resolves issues, performs appropriate level of research to determine solutions, and prioritizes and suggests technical strategies to achieve the long-term objectives of the department.
- Reviews requirements; generates architecture documents; provides rough order of magnitude estimates; and implements and performs unit, integration, and capacity testing.
- Shares architecture formally and informally with team, ensuring design consistency during development.
- Writes architecture documentation.
- Proposes, develops, reviews and revises new procedures as needed for the continuing development of high quality systems.
- Provides support to assigned ProQuest systems.
- Provides technical guidance to other team members.
- Maintains knowledge of and proposes technical advances based on newer technologies.
- Evaluates hardware and capacity needs.
- Bachelors' degree or higher in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 10 or more years of software development experience.
Previous software architecture experience.
- 5 or more years' experience writing functional / detailed design / architectural specifications based on user and/or system requirements.
- 5 or more years' experience working with ProQuest product lines.
- Ability to support systems after hours or on weekends.
- Understanding of advanced principles of software architecture.
- Masterful understanding and application of several programming languages and tools.
- Masterful understanding of XML.
- Masterful understanding of system interfaces such as REST or SOAP.
- Ability to work with standard office tools.
- Ability to work with source control systems.
- Ability to work with architecture and design tools.
- Ability to work in an agile environment.
- Master's Degree (or higher) in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is typically based in a ProQuest office location and may be appropriate for full or partial remote work, subject to approval.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Working within the Professional Services Group, Laura acts as a customer advocate and liaison, helping librarians as they use Rosetta for digital preservation—and communicating their needs to Development Teams.
Back to top