Shipping and Receiving Specialist
ProQuest connects people with vetted, reliable information. As a leading technology provider, ProQuest drives better outcomes for researchers and greater efficiency for the libraries and organizations that serve them. The company's cloud-based solutions are a gateway to the world's knowledge and enable researchers, students, and librarians to discover, access, share, create, and manage information. Explore working at ProQuest!
If you are looking for culture of continual improvement – turning good into great, and great into exceptional, look no further!
As a Shipping and Receiving Specialist, you will provide logistical support and expertise for shipping and receiving activities, which may also include the occasional support of the warehouse and associated operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and processes domestic and international mail and courier services.
- Prepares and processes palletized shipments; providing tracking information and assisting in addressing delayed shipments.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Receives inbound courier letters, parcels, freight, and delivers them to the designated recipient or department; providing tracking and delivery information upon request.
- Driving responsibilities include local pick-up and deliveries, material transfers to and from the warehouse, inter-library loan fulfillment, and special assignments.
- Handles occasional warehouse duties and printing services.
- Execution of large print jobs.
- Prints and mails company-wide monthly invoice statements.
- Prints and mails company-wide monthly renewal statements.
- Provides backup support for Logistics Technician, for occasional support assistance at JLH warehouse facility.
- High school diploma or equivalent with 3 or more years of experience.
- Valid driver's license with good driving record, along with knowledge of the local area.
- Capable of safely lifting and moving 70 lbs.
- Knowledge of the US Postal Service and the services and related products.
- Familiarity with use of postal meters, inserts, printers, and basic material handling equipment.
- Experience with courier processing both on their websites and the use of multi-carrier software.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Chauffer's License, Hi-Lo Certification.
- Previous experience with FedEx Ship Manager, or UPS Online Shipping Tools
- Previous experience with postal processing equipment, inserters, and printers.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is not conducive to remote work.
- Local travel between office locations is required on occasion.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance as scheduled.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Working within the Professional Services Group, Laura acts as a customer advocate and liaison, helping librarians as they use Rosetta for digital preservation—and communicating their needs to Development Teams.
Back to top