Sales Specialist, Southeast
ProQuest - Who we are...
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world. ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
What will I be doing?
As a Sales Specialist for ProQuest Collections and Alexander Street, you will represent a market leading brand and subject matter expert for in GOvDocs, history, historic news and Alexander Street streaming video services. You will drive sales activity for assigned product lines, delivering specialty product value proposition in collaboration with Account Managers and provide subject matter expertise. The Sales Specialist focuses on generating new business by driving sales in assigned territory (FL, GA, AL, SC) and leveraging your ability to build strong professional relationships.
In this position, you will also...
• Serve as the subject matter expert on specialty products, articulating the value proposition whether as a single product sale or as part of a larger portfolio
• Focus on new business, uncovering opportunities, creating target lists, prospects and participating in territory planning while engaging the Account Manager appropriate
• Qualify top opportunities based upon key initiatives and product roadmap driven from sales leadership for the product sales team; coordinate with Account Manager (AM) on plans to incorporate into overall territory and specific account plans
• Leverage unique relationships with influencers and decision makers to support lead generation and sales activity
• Lead specialty product forecasting in collaboration with Specialty Product Sales Directors and closely coordinate weekly forecast activity with input from Account Manager
• Coordinate with AM to determine best team player to engage client in new opportunity
• Lead product demonstrations and pre-sales technical consulting
Three Reasons you should apply...
1. You are driven to be your best by competitive financial incentives
2. You want to work with an industry leader, selling some of the top products
3. If you like to work in an environment that offers continuous change
This job may not be a fit if...
1. You are not comfortable in a dynamic sales environment
2. You do not enjoy selling technical products
3. You would prefer to work in an office environment
Qualified Candidates must have...
• Bachelor's degree plus at least 5 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to develop a deep understanding of specialty product(s)
• Capable of leading demonstrations, trainings and presentations
• Able to clearly and compellingly articulate value proposition for specialty product(s) and respond to inquiries about product functionality
• High level of enthusiasm, with strong influencing and negotiation skills
• Ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and draw meaningful conclusions and action plans from data
• Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships
• Capacity to learn and effectively utilize SalesForce.com and other programs relevant to the role.
• Ability to travel nationally and internationally
It would be awesome if you also had...
• Advance degree in Library Science or related field
• Previous experience with online content sales
• Experience in a sales related role in the academic or library space
Other important information about this position:
• This is a remote sales position (territory includes: Florida, Georgia, Alabama and South Carolina)
• Frequent travel is required
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with scheduling flexibility
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you are looking to work for a fast-paced company and driven to achieve high sales results in a collaborative environment, please consider joining our talented team!
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Justine works with academic libraries, guiding their transition from a previous ILS—integrated library system—onto Alma, helping to migrate all of their data and educating the librarians about the system.
Back to top