Sales Specialist for the Video and History Collections
The Sales Specialist drives sales activity for assigned product line(s), delivering specialty product value proposition in collaboration with Account Managers and providing subject-matter expertise. This role will be based in France or Amsterdam, the Sales Specialist will be responsible for the Alexander Street Video & PQIS History portfolio the territory with include Nordics, Baltic's, France & the Netherlands.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the subject matter expert on specialty products, articulating the value proposition whether as a single product sale or as part of a larger portfolio.
- Focuses on new business, uncovering opportunities, creating target lists, prospects, and participating in territory planning while engaging the Account Manager as appropriate.
- Qualifies top opportunities based upon key initiatives and product roadmap driven from sales leadership for the product sales team; coordinates with Account Manager on plans to be incorporated into overall territory and specific account plans.
- Leverages unique relationships with influencers and decision makers to support lead generation and sales activity.
- Interfaces with business unit & Pre-Sales Engineer / RFP team to gain support and determine ability to pursue and support RFP.
- Leads specialty product forecasting in collaboration with Specialty Product Sales Directors. Closely coordinates weekly forecast activity with input from Account Manager.
- Coordinates with Account Manager to determine best team player to engage client in new opportunity; considers account history, existing relationships, and other factors.
- Typically takes the lead in scheduling meetings with key decision makers and influencers in library. In bundled sales scenarios (i.e.: content + specialty products) participates as key team player with Account Manager as lead.
- Leads product demonstrations and pre-sales technical consulting.
- Engages Account Manager in proposal development to seek out cross-product bundling or customer incentives.
- Maintains pricing ownership with direction from pricing team.
- Leads initial training for specialty products, engaging training team when appropriate.
- Enters leads and new activity into SalesForce.com for specialty products.
- Coordinates weekly with AM on new leads activity, progress, opportunities to bundle with larger PQIS sales motion.
- Bachelors' degree plus at least 5 years' related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of specialty product(s).
- Capable of leading demonstrations, trainings and presentations.
- Able to clearly and compellingly articulate value proposition for specialty product(s) and respond to inquiries about product functionality.
- High level of enthusiasm, with strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and draw meaningful conclusions and action plans from data.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
- Capacity to learn and effectively utilize SalesForce.com and other programs relevant to the role.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally.
- Fluent in English & French
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
- Proven track record of successful technology and/or online content sales experience.
- Advanced degree in Library Science or related field.
- Certifications pertinent to the sales profession.
Other important information about this position:
- This position may be based in a corporate office or remote location.
- Frequent travel is required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Working within the Professional Services Group, Laura acts as a customer advocate and liaison, helping librarians as they use Rosetta for digital preservation—and communicating their needs to Development Teams.
Back to top