ProQuest – Who we are…
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
What will I be doing?
As a Sales Specialist supporting our library products portfolio, you’ll be empowered to manage and expand on new and existing business across all of North America. This exciting opportunity is based in our New Providence, NJ office location. Here you will be able to focus on driving new business with a powerful new one of a kind user engaged search tool product, while continuing to develop existing accounts within an academic and public library environment. This is a great fit for someone who is looking for an opportunity to let their creative entrepreneurial spirit shine, and really see the impact of their work on a business.
In this position, you will…
• Actively pursue new business opportunities through customer and regional visits, tradeshows and tele-sales.
• Ability to clearly articulate the value proposition, to learn and understand the competitive landscape, and to take a consultative selling approach
• Lead product demonstrations and pre-sales consulting.
• Prospect, qualify, and manage opportunities.
• Work with leadership to set, execute and drive sales strategy for new business growth in North America.
• Work with Product, Marketing and Content to help drive product development and growth.
Reasons you should apply...
1. You’re ambitious and driven by strong financial incentives with a willingness to manage a large sales territory.
2. You’re a true hunter in your approach to new business growth and you’re hungry to help libraries find solutions that address their pain points
Qualified Candidates must have…
• Bachelors’ degree with some sales experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to work independently with an entrepreneurial approach and be a strong team player.
• Capable of leading demonstrations, trainings and presentations at all levels.
• Able to clearly and compellingly articulate value proposition for specialty product(s), and respond to inquiries about product functionality.
• High level of enthusiasm, with strong influencing and negotiation skills.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have…
• Experience working with SalesForce or similar CRM system.
• Certifications pertinent to the sales profession.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• Forbes Ranks ProQuest among 2018 America’s Best Mid-Size Employers
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code… yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
Other important information about this position:
• This position is based in the Metropolitan New York City area (20 miles west of NYC on the train line).
• Frequent travel is required.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you are a motivated sales person with desire to make a real impact with the work that you do, please consider joining our talented team!!
Back to top