Sales Manager - Research Solutions
- London, United Kingdom
Ex Libris – Who we are…
Ex Libris (a ProQuest Company) is the leading provider of automation solutions for academic and research institutions. The Ex Libris suite of research information management solutions enable customers to improve the visibility of the institution’s research and measure research performance across all disciplines. Ex Libris provide the tools to aggregate, manage, and expose all of research output & data, match scholars with the right funding opportunities, and automate processes to reduce the administrative burden on the research office, library, and researcher. Ex Libris maintains an impressive customer base consisting of thousands of sites in more than 90 countries on six continents, including 10 of the top 10 universities around the world.
What will I be doing?
Exciting new role, is this role for you? Do you fit this profile? We are looking for a strong sales hunter with excellent solution sales skills and proven experience selling complex software solutions, with a desire to grow booking and revenue for Esploro solution – Ex Libris’ next-generation Research Services Platform.
As a Sales Manager – Research Solutions, you will lead and coordinate sales activity for Ex Libris Esploro solution across the EMEA region with a focus on the UK market, utilizing expertise and other resources such as regional account managers, product specialists, and field marketing teams to meet and exceed sales targets.
You will be responsible for current year booking targets and long-term revenue growth objectives of Esploro including building and developing a pipeline of qualified opportunities. This role initiates and manages sales with Higher Education and other research-intensive institutions in EMEA.
In this position, you will also...
- Own the assigned product sales, including individual opportunity plan coordination, working closely with account managers, product specialists, and marketing team to develop an overall plan to grow long term revenue.
- Focus on new business as part of expanding Ex Libris’ footprint within the prospects; typically serves as primary point to engage client.
- Contact and sell to Research Directors, VP's of Research and technical teams to consult them on their university solutions to result in an increase in Ex Libris Esploro sales and brand through supporting their strategies
- Be responsible for booking target for Esploro within EMEA, reporting and forecasting booking in alignment with Sales Director, Research Solutions and Regional VPs.
- Lead customer engagements and solution demonstrations, engaging product specialists and other supporting functions as appropriate.
- Be an Expert on competitors in the domain (product portfolio and landscape).
- Develop and maintain product champion relationships in the region - decision makers, influencers and partners.
- Understand product requirements and needs within the product to feedback to product development, for each focus country within the region
- Fully understand and utilize Ex Libris sales tools (e.g. Salesforce)
Qualified Candidates must have/be…
- Bachelors’ degree or higher, plus at least 5 years of proven experience in successfully selling enterprise software solutions within the research space an advantage
- Successful sales negotiation skills at every level within client organizations, with experience influencing and selling to the executive level decision-maker.
- Proven success in selling and closing customers, creating value, and managing a pipeline.
- Domain knowledge in Academic market or software sales management to academic markets with proven influencing and consultative selling skills to customer an advantage.
- The ability to accurately forecast and manage the sales funnel for assigned account territory.
- A high level of enthusiasm, with strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and related software relevant to the role.
- Excellent Communication skills, both written and spoken
Other important information about this position:
- This position is a field-based role in the UK.
- Travel, both nationally and internally, is required: up to 60%
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
More to love about becoming an Ex Libris employee:
- Professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning.
- Fun on-site and social events such as Summer and Christmas parties and lots more.
- Support of a healthy lifestyle and wellbeing initiatives.
- Competitive benefits and offer support in local communities.
- Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative.
- All our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals.
At Ex Libris, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you’re in search of a position that is challenging and fun, please consider joining our talented team!
Back to top