Sales Development Representative
ProQuest - Who we are...
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world. As a global technology leader, ProQuest supports the efforts of millions of students and researchers by providing innovative research tools and access to a treasure troves of expertly curated content spanning hundreds of years and billions of records.
Sales Development Representative
What will I be doing?
As a Sales Development Representative you will be responsible for facilitating outbound targeted campaign-driven sales prospecting activities and responding to all sales inquiries via various channels such as phone, email, web and chat. The interactions you have with customers and prospects will generate qualified leads for dedicated account resources to action further. The Sales Development Representative thrives at the intersection of Sales, Marketing, and Product, collaborating cross-functionally on Lead Management and Lead Generation initiatives.
In this position, you will also...
• Respond to and qualify inbound inquiries (Calls, Leads, Chats, Email, Social) to assess interest-level and qualifications, prior to connecting prospects and customers with sales resources.
• Conduct outbound prospecting activities with strategic prospects to connect with, qualify, and generate qualified high-intent sales-ready leads for sales to pursue and win.
• Develop and methodically drive execution of daily, weekly and monthly activity cadence plans that maximize prospecting efficiency and effectiveness including; account and contact-level research, pre-call planning, hyper-personalized messaging, and more.
• Meet and exceed key activity metrics for calls, emails, social touches, leads created and qualified, and beyond.
• Learn continuously and develop into an industry and solutions expert; become a trusted advisor to prospects and customers by authentically seeking to understand their goals.
• Follow ProQuest's consultative sales processes and consistently use Salesforce.com, and related enablement tools, to disposition prospect interactions and update lead qualification data, ensuring accurate data management practices that provide trusted customer insights.
• Serve as an internal business partner and collaborator at the intersection of Product, Marketing, and Sales throughout campaign creation, execution, and results assessment.
• Actively discover opportunities to optimize both inbound and outbound lead management and generation initiatives. Be a change agent and thought-leader in an evolving process.
• Demonstrate a professional, customer-centric approach during all interactions and initiatives.
Three reasons you should apply...
1. You're passionate and thrive as a critical thinker. You're inherently optimistic and turn challenges into seized opportunities.
2. You love the adrenaline rush of a fast-paced, high energy, exciting sales environment.
3. You're energized by reaching goals and building towards success for yourself, and others.
This job may not be a fit if...
1. You get frustrated or stressed with problem solving or accurately managing detail-oriented initiatives.
2. Taking initiative is uncomfortable for you and you prefer to be directed daily.
3. You don't have the communication skills required to guide a conversation towards an outcome.
Qualified Candidates must have...
• Associate degree in a relevant field, such as Marketing, Communications, Library Sciences, plus at least 1 year of sales or complimentary experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Professional experience in a customer-focused performance-driven, high-growth, fast-paced sales or marketing organization or team.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
• Excellent researching and problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and derive actionable insights.
• Ability to learn and master new technology and knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have...
• Exceptional ability to actively listen to, and effectively communicate with, prospects and customers in a variety of mediums, such as written or verbal.
• Are fearless when faced with uncharted territory and have a demonstrated history of embracing challenge.
• Fluency in languages other than English.
Other important information about this position:
• This position is based in ProQuest's Ann Arbor office.
• Occasional travel may be required.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• Forbes Ranks ProQuest among 2018 America's Best Mid-Size Employers
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code... yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you're in search of a Sales Position in a global organization and desire to be part of a highly skilled team, please consider joining our talented team!!
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Justine works with academic libraries, guiding their transition from a previous ILS—integrated library system—onto Alma, helping to migrate all of their data and educating the librarians about the system.
Back to top