Overview of Ex Libris
Ex Libris (a ProQuest Company) is the leading global provider of automation solutions for academic and research libraries. Offering the only comprehensive product suite for electronic, digital, and print materials, Ex Libris provides efficient, user-friendly products that serve the needs of libraries today and will facilitate their transition into the future. Ex Libris maintains an impressive customer base consisting of thousands of sites in more than 90 countries on six continents, including 10 of the top 10 universities around the world. With headquarters in Jerusalem, we have 12 locations globally.
The Sales Consultant is a full-time position based in the Ex Libris Beijing office.
The Sales Consultant will support the Sales Managers in accounts and opportunity management within an assigned region. He/she will be accountable for visiting prospective customers, providing demonstrations, and providing solution-oriented advice, and assisting with RFP responses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and partner with the Sales Manager in identifying and targeting potential new businesses.
- Regular meetings with customers, delivering high quality solutions and product education sessions and demonstrations.
- Conduct demonstrations on solutions independently, and/or in conjunction with PS Department and experts.
- Analyzing customer requirements and processes.
- Ensure that all technical solutions fit within the customers' requirements.
- Supports the sales managers in the development of proposals, value propositions, alliances, and contract negotiations with assigned accounts.
- Conduct follow-up with customers to ensure customer satisfactions with solutions.
- Provides local marketing support and operations, such as organizing product roadshows, and collaborating with the different pre-sales teams in APAC and product teams at HQ.
- Engages the customer in new product/service development initiatives.
- Using the CRM to document and maintain sales records.
- Keep abreast on knowledge of company's solutions to facilitate sales efforts.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors' degree or higher in related fields such as Library and Information Science, Information Technology, and Computer Software Science etc.
- Working experience in library and information industry, familiar to library software system, is preferable.
- Knowledge of current and evolving library practices and trends. Hands-on, functional experience with library systems.
- Ability to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and webinars.
- Highly responsive to customer needs and provides excellent customer service and support.
- Proven experience in planning and delivering presentations.
- Prior experience in Higher Education industry or vendor experience will be an added advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including both Mandarin and English.
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
- Professional experience in a library setting.
- Masters' degree in Library Science.
- Previous experience working with Ex Libris products would be advantageous.
Other important information about this position:
- Local and international travel is required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. Ex Libris seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Back to top