Research Solution Sales Team Leader
The Research Solution Sales Team Leader drives sales activity for the assigned product line(s), delivering a specialty product value proposition in collaboration with Ex Libris Sales Managers and providing subject-matter expertise within Australia and New Zealand initially, with the potential to expand across Asia Pacific. This is a full time position and the incumbent is preferably based in Melbourne/ Sydney.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for both new sales targets and renewal targets for specialty line products within the research portfolio.
- Focuses on new and renewal business; and is responsible for the full portfolio forecast (renewals and new business).
- Develops monthly revenue forecast.
- Forecast and activity reporting weekly.
- Manages a team, supporting additional specialty research products, such as Research Professional, Pivot and RefWorks.
- Serves as the subject matter expert on the specialty products within the research portfolio, articulating the value proposition whether as a single product sale or as part of a larger portfolio.
- Focuses on new business, uncovering opportunities, creating target lists, prospects, while engaging the Ex Libris Sales Manager and Regional Sales Director as appropriate.
- Leverages unique relationships with influencers and decision makes to support lead generation and sales activity.
- Interfaces with business unit & Pre-Sales Team to gain support and determine ability to pursue and support RFP responses.
- In conjunction with the Ex Libris Sales Manager and the Regional Sales Director, leads specialty product forecasting.
- Work with the Ex Libris Sales Manager and the Regional Sales Director on contract development and contract negotiation.
- Leads product demonstrations and pre-sales technical consulting within the research products, specifically, Esploro, Research Professional, Pivot, RefWorks, and any other products in the portfolio.
- Engages the Ex Libris Sales Manager and the Regional Sales Director in proposal development to seek out cross-product bundling or customer incentives.
- In-conjunction with Regional Sales Director, hires, motivates, manages and develops a team of sales professionals, including Account Managers and others as required.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the organisations’s strategies, goals, structure and operating methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 6 years’ related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of specialty product(s).
- Ability to demonstrate technical expertise for the products and comfortable communicating IT technical terms and have is aware of the digital IT trends in the market.
- Capable of leading demonstrations, trainings and presentations.
- Able to clearly and compellingly articulate value proposition for specialty product(s) and respond to enquiries about product functionality.
- High level of enthusiasm, with strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage a team.
- Capacity to learn and effectively utilize SalesForce.com and other programs relevant to the role.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally.
- Proven track record of successful technology and/or online technology sales experience.
- Experience in academic research and/or higher education.
Other important information about this position:
- This position may be based in a corporate office or remote location.
- Up to 50% travel is required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible
Back to top