Project Manager Senior
The Senior Product Manager contributes to multiple functional areas of responsibility to drive quality products from concept to market.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Product Requirements - Documents clear and measurable product requirements and makes trade-off recommendations between implementation and functionality. With some guidance and support, creates detailed product specifications using written requirements, business rules, process flows and use cases; incorporates user experience generated deliverables such as prototypes, wireframes and design and copy documents.
- Product Delivery - With support, manages the development and launch of new features and functionality through the entire product development lifecycle process from concept through implementation and release. (For full product, or significant product features).
- Customer Research - Leads focus groups, customer surveys, and user testing to inform product priorities. Monitors key product analytics to inform development priorities. Provides direction as to relevant customer segments to target for research.
- Product Roadmap – Under general direction, understands market priorities and works with Engineering to identify trade-offs. Drives activities/user stories to deliver product to market, according to product roadmap. Prioritizes and sequences product features and stories to meet market demands. Leads feature and roadmap definition for a specific product area. Delivers prioritized list and business cases for their product(s) for prioritization.
- Portfolio Strategy - Provides data, makes recommendations.
- Product Strategy – Under general direction, Internalizes product strategy such that it informs market requirements and feature prioritization. Creates and justifies product strategy, provides new opportunities for major feature/function enhancements.
- Business Plan/Product Profitability – Constructs and justifies business plan for approval. Owns topline for product lines. Contributes to content plan / budget.
- Programmatic Growth – Under general direction, takes ownership of product profitability; develops strategy to drive growth programmatically in opportune or needed areas. Delivers positioning of new feature/function; provides feedback into competitor feature/function.
- Product Launch – Under general direction, develops full launch package including pricing and product bundling options; targeted segments; competitive analysis; and provides feedback as necessary into feature/function built.
- Market Requirements - Authors market requirements/agile epics and bring forward market requirements/agile epics to grow product(s).
- Bachelors' degree or higher in related field, plus 3 to 5 years relevant work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Customer Relationship Management - (Intermediate) Able to manage intermediate customer questions and concerns for their product(s). Uses effective communication and active listening skills to assess and understand customer concerns; able to leverage resources to address concern and effectively deliver a response to the customer. Seeks support and escalates as needed.
- Negotiation Skills - (Intermediate) Able to manage simple negotiations with supervision or instruction.
- Effective Management of People – (Intermediate) Able to effectively lead projects. Strong management skills to lead a small team of up to 1 to 2 employees. Ability to influence others.
- Data Analysis - (Competent) Able to effectively use data to drive more complex decisions, ability to establish relevant metrics with little direction.
- Financial Modeling - (Intermediate) With direction, able to complete and apply financial modeling to matters of low complexity.
- Investment Payback Understanding - (Intermediate) Firm understanding of ROI, with direction, able to use as a decision-making tool.
- Can raise and answer key questions - (Competent) Able to answer, "What, So What, What's Next?"
- Understands Business Drivers, Context and Key Issues - (Competent) Has a good working and background understanding of business drivers and key issues, sees actions at least partly in organizational context, requires direction and refinement in applying knowledge.
- Able to Influence/Success through Teams (persuasion) - (Intermediate) Effectively uses influence to lead projects, able to influence the performance of others through effective collaboration.
- Able to Collaborate effectively with IT functions including product development, content ingestion, and information systems – (Intermediate) Able to collaborate across teams to manage development of moderately complex products. Uses effective communication and active listening skills to identify and articulate product requirements, able to leverage subject matter expertise across teams to deliver timely results. Seeks support and escalates as needed.
- Domain Knowledge - Must possess ability to gain domain knowledge in position.
- Professional experience in a library setting.
- Fluency in languages other than English.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is based in a variety of ProQuest office locations and may be appropriate for full or partial remote work, subject to approval.
- Occasional travel is required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Working within the Professional Services Group, Laura acts as a customer advocate and liaison, helping librarians as they use Rosetta for digital preservation—and communicating their needs to Development Teams.
Back to top