The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
Power the extraordinary
In Texas, a grad student unearths a lost work by Walt Whitman, opening new perspectives on the influential poet. In Germany, a cancer researcher’s refined workflow takes treatment a vital step forward. In Rotuma, a filmmaker inspires researchers everywhere to explore the culture of his tiny Polynesian island.
In classrooms, libraries, businesses and homes worldwide, people are doing extraordinary things with help from ProQuest, a leader in research and educational technology, based here in Ann Arbor.
What you will be doing…
As a Project Manager for our Ex Libris Library Products, you will skillfully coordinate and lead the implementation of our popular Primo and Alma library solutions. Leveraging your strong interpersonal and communication skills, you will liaise directly with our customer base. You will play a pivotal role helping to deliver on a promise of customer-centric decision making. Primary tasks will include managing project plans, communicating with Product Implementation Specialists, and continuously monitoring project scope, risks & escalations.
You will also…
- Manage customer communication, relationships and expectations throughout project life-cycle.
- Coordinate extensively with other Ex Libris teams including Cloud Services Support, Sales and Product Management.
- Review and contribute to implementation tools and documents used both internally and by customers.
- Use defined procedures and systems to perform and document implementation tasks.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of standard procedures.
To be considered for this position, you must have…
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of project management experience in a library or other business/technical setting.
- Proven skills with Microsoft Office products, particularly Microsoft Project.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to forge strong working relationships with internal and external customers.
Ideal candidates will also have…
- Master’s degree in a technical field such as Library or Information Science.
- PMP or other project management certification.
- Working knowledge of library workflows and standards.
- Professional experience working with or supporting Ex Libris products.
- Professional experience with cloud-based or Software as a Service (SaaS) products.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is based in a North American ProQuest office location with a strong preference on the Des Plaines, IL office.
- Occasional travel is required, less than 5%.
- This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Senior Manager Of Customer Experience, North America
As Senior Manager, Sharon ensures timely, accurate, and high-quality customer service by working closely with Sales, Marketing, and Support Teams to focus on service and meeting customer expectations.
Back to top