ProQuest - Who we are...
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
What will I be doing?
Heading up several highly caffeinated teams of engineers, you'll leverage your expertise in SCRUM/Agile processes and facilitate all associated ceremonies. You will drive the delivery of technical projects while fostering an innovative and fun work environment. In this role, you're going to ensure that the execution of the projects assigned to you as going as planned on a day to day basis.
The right person for our team will be energetic, fun and organized.... Think Monica from 'Friends'. If that's you, keep reading!
In this position, you will also...
• Oversee project estimation, approval and ramp-up process.
• Develop project phase and milestones and organize teams and other elements to ensure successful project execution, applying techniques like critical path analysis where appropriate.
• Work with business stakeholders and project team participants to proactively resolve project conflicts, address open issues, set expectations, and communicate status.
• Deliver projects that meet stakeholder expectations within budget, resource, and schedule constraints.
• Ensure compliance with the broader organization's governance and project management frameworks.
• Continually monitors and communicates project status with respect to deliverables, costs, timescales and resources used.
• Ensure that any material deviations are communicated and decisions made on how to address.
Three Reasons you should apply...
1. You're a people person and the interactions you have with your colleagues fuel your desire for achievement.
2. Working as a team to deliver on a tight deadline isn't stressful, it's exciting!
3. You see a changing, dynamic environment as an opportunity for innovation and learning.
This job may not be a fit if...
1. You prefer to keep your head down and avoid interacting directly with colleagues.
2. Having to influence teams through collaboration instead of a supervisory relationship is frustrating for you.
3. Adherence to process is the only acceptable way to get things done.
Qualified Candidates must have...
• Bachelor's degree or higher in related field, such as Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Management.
• At least 3 years' related project management or coordination experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent researching and problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and order data.
• Experience with project management methodologies such as Six Sigma, PMBOK, etc.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have...
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Management.
• Knowledge of Atlassian product suite, especially Confluence and JIRA.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code... yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you take pride in your work, please consider joining our talented team!!
Back to top