Professional Services Director, APAC
The Professional Services Director leads a group of professionals in driving strategy, efficiency and execution of Ex Libris product implementation and services for APAC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads, manage a team of project managers in delivering Ex Libris product implementation services in APAC
- Inspire greater teamwork and collaboration amongst direct reports and collaborate extensively across Ex Libris regional and global business units.
- Ensures his/her team's successful delivery of Ex Libris product implementations.
- Motivate and guide team members towards effective, timely and accurate service delivery with focus on service excellence. This includes ensuring his/her team have sufficient training both for products and Global PS implementation procedures and/or received relevant professional development to facilitate quality services to the customers.
- Create project plan, form project team, defining scope of work, update steering committee/ stakeholder, track issues, conduct regular progress meeting, drive conflict resolution, control cost, resource planning including managing schedule and timeline.
- Lead and participates on Global PS initiatives, process improvement, and work standardization.
- In addition, the PS Director is also occasionally expected to assist with the team workload in Implementing Ex Libris products across APAC
- Bachelors' degree plus at least 7 years' related leadership experience in a comparable industry and/or to a comparable customer base, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of project/program management experience and with at least 4-5 years of direct people management experience
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of Ex Libris's strategy, product knowledge and expertise
- Strong leadership and managerial skills, with proven ability to hire, motivate, educate, develop, hold accountable, and retain top talent.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
- Excellent organizational skills, with ability to mobilize resources across a matrixed organization to reach shared goals.
- Solid project management and organizational skills
- PRINCE2 Project Management Certification from a recognized institution/ association.
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
- Professional experience in a library setting.
- Masters' degree in Library Science.
- Existing network of potential customers.
Other important information about this position:
- Frequent national and international travel is required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. Ex Libris seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Justine works with academic libraries, guiding their transition from a previous ILS—integrated library system—onto Alma, helping to migrate all of their data and educating the librarians about the system.
Back to top