Product Marketing Manager
Product Marketing Manager
Who is ProQuest?
In Texas, a grad student unearths a lost work by Walt Whitman, opening new perspectives on the influential poet. In Germany,
a cancer researcher’s refined workflow takes treatment a vital step forward. In Rotuma, a filmmaker inspires researchers
everywhere to explore the culture of his tiny Polynesian island.
In classrooms, libraries, businesses and homes worldwide, people are doing extraordinary things with help from ProQuest,
a leader in research and educational technology, based here in Ann Arbor.
What will I be doing as Product Marketing Manager?
As the Product Marketing Manager for our Books group you will develop global go-to-market strategies, and help to craft the story
around both print and ebook products. You will enable the sales team and help to ensure strong campaign designs are implemented
in effective and efficient ways. Interacting with the Sales and Customer Experience teams, you will be the face of the product.
You will also…
- Conceive and develop innovative marketing programs that drive global demand.
- Serves as the marketing expert in both print and Ebook product unit’s suite of products
- Conduct industry research, customer interviews, win/loss analysis.
- Contributes to, and facilitate effective communication of customer persona to internal stakeholders including, Segment Planning, Enterprise Communications, Field Marketing, Pricing, Product Management, Sales and Customer Experience.
- Work closely with Product Management, Sales, and Segment Planning to understand SWOTs, sales history analysis, and other research based on market opportunity.
- Provides feedback to Product Management, as appropriate.
- Create and maintains tools and resources that communicate the value proposition of the products and enable members of the sales and customer experience organizations to effectively sell and support products.
- Plans and executes the go-to-market strategy and launch of new products, product bundles or releases.
Qualified Candidates Will Have…
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, communications, business or other related field, plus at least 5 years’ related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in B2B Product Marketing.
- Proven track record developing effective product go-to-market strategies for multiple products in a product portfolio, messaging and positioning, creating marketing plans and sales enablement tools.
- Strong project management skills with a high attention to detail.
Ideal Candidates Will Also Have…
- Masters’ degree in Library Science or Business.
- XML, HTML, or other creative technologies.
- Experience in marketing products globally.
- Knowledge of academic, public and professional library information market or experience marketing software solutions to these libraries.
Other important information about this position:
- This position may be based in a variety of ProQuest office locations, however, Ann Arbor or Mountain View are preferred.
- Occasional travel is required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
While other companies might say they value work/life balance, ProQuest lives it. Our work environment is casual, we have great benefits and working
hours are flexible. Based in Ann Arbor, we are within walking distance to Downtown, Briarwood Mall and multiple dining experiences. Join ProQuest today.
Live and work in Ann Arbor, a naturally beautiful, and vibrant city.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview
of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties
and responsibilities may be assigned.
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Senior Manager Of Customer Experience, North America
As Senior Manager, Sharon ensures timely, accurate, and high-quality customer service by working closely with Sales, Marketing, and Support Teams to focus on service and meeting customer expectations.
Back to top