Product Marketing Manager
ProQuest - Who we are...
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world. ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader.
What will I be doing?
As Product Marketing Manager on the PQIS team, you will serve as a marketing subject matter expert for a select portfolio of discipline-specific products supporting our business. You will manage sales enablement activities and go-to-market efforts for new product launches, and overall product marketing strategy and execution. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with product management, sales and marketing teams-evangelizing your assigned product portfolio, and creating appropriate product collateral and training materials to effectively communicate to customers and enable sales and field marketing teams.
In this position, you will also...
• Conceive and develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand and address the needs of customers and prospects globally.
• Drive product marketing strategy and execution aligned to business unit priorities, collaborating with regional/field marketing teams to implement specific programs and campaigns that drive sales and business performance.
• Develop and provide the product and portfolio related tools, materials and training to help enable the success of the sales team.
• Develop product positioning and messaging that effectively communicates competitive advantage to various target audiences.
• Collaborate with central and field marketing teams to ensure smooth implementation and execution of programs, campaigns and content creation via channel marketing.
• Work closely with Product Management, Sales, and Market Development to understand and meet market needs and opportunities.
• Serve as the marketing expert on a business unit's suite of products as it relates to buying behavior, selection criteria, and competitive landscape.
• Gain insight into target audience through industry research, customer interviews, win/loss analysis and close collaboration with other functions that work directly with customers including customer support, sales, and product management.
• Contribute to development of detailed buyer personas as needed and facilitate effective communication of these to internal stakeholders.
Three reasons you should apply...
1. You will have the opportunity to take ownership of marketing for specific products and work collaboratively across a globally diverse cross-functional team to drive their success.
2. You will have the opportunity to lead marketing product launches and to simplify messages and stories for the sales team.
3. You will use data and your creativity and judgment to drive effective marketing efforts that support business unit success.
This job may not be a fit if...
1. You are not comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
2. You are not comfortable working closely with sales teams to evangelize your products and enable selling success.
3. You are not comfortable working with data to aid decisions or interacting with individuals at all seniority levels across functions.
Qualified Candidates Must Have...
• Bachelor's degree or higher in marketing, communications, business or other related field, plus at least 5 years' related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in B2B Product Marketing.
• Proven track record developing effective product go-to-market strategies for multiple products in a product portfolio, messaging and positioning, creating marketing plans and sales enablement tools.
• Ability to communicate and collaborate across teams in a global, matrix structure, and experience leading cross-functional teams for successful implementation of integrated marketing plans for high impact results.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have...
• Knowledge of academic, public and professional library information market or experience marketing software solutions to these libraries.
• MBA or other relevant advanced degree.
• Experience in marketing products globally.
Other important information about this position:
• This position can be based in Alexandria, VA, Bethesda, MD, or Ann Arbor, MI office locations.
• Very limited travel of up to 10% is required.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance, with occasional flexibility to accommodate calls with colleagues in diverse time zones.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code... yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you take pride in delivering world-class product marketing solutions, please consider joining our talented team!!
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Justine works with academic libraries, guiding their transition from a previous ILS—integrated library system—onto Alma, helping to migrate all of their data and educating the librarians about the system.
Back to top