Product Manager Senior
ProQuest - Who we are...
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world. ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader.
What will I be doing?
As Senior Product Manager, you will become immersed in the eBooks central customer base, the market, and the business of the platform and act as the SME hub. This includes engaging with customers while collaborating with sales, marketing and development teams as well as stakeholders across the Books BU to create roadmaps to favorable market position.
In this position, you will also...
- Document clear and measurable product requirements and makes trade-off recommendations between implementation and functionality.
- Create detailed product specifications using written requirements, business rules, process flows and use cases; incorporate user experience generated deliverables such as prototypes, wireframes and design and copy documents.
- Help manage the development and launch of new features and functionality through the entire product development lifecycle process from concept through implementation and release. (For full product, or significant product features).
- Lead focus groups, customer surveys, and user testing to inform product priorities.
- Monitor key product analytics to inform development priorities.
- Provide direction as to relevant customer segments to target for research.
- Drive activities/user stories to deliver product to market, according to product roadmap.
Three reasons you should apply...
- You are intellectually curious and ready to apply new technologies to solve problems for customers, reach new audiences, and enable new business models.
- You are passionate about gaining deep knowledge of your customer, the data, the business, and the market.
- You are driver, willing to set an ambitious product road map and work with the team on creative solutions to deliver.
This job may not be a fit if...
- You don't enjoy working collaboratively with technical teams.
- You don't like things that are too detailed or complex.
- Dealing with customers and stakeholders isn't your strength.
Qualified Candidates Must Have...
- Bachelor's degree or higher in related field, plus 3 to 5 years relevant work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to manage simple negotiations with supervision or instruction.
- Able to effectively lead projects. Strong management skills to lead a small team of up to 1 to 2 employees.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Able to effectively use data to drive more complex decisions, ability to establish relevant metrics with little direction.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have...
- Prior background with Library, eBooks, or Publishing industries.
- Prior experience managing a web based content rich application.
- Experience with Agile/scrum product development methods, including creating user stories, managing backlogs, and project tracking skills.
Other important information about this position:
- This position Ann Arbor, MI office locations.
- Very limited travel of up to 10% is required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance, with occasional flexibility (Mon-Fri) to accommodate calls with colleagues in diverse time zones.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
- We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
- We hold fun on-site events
- Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
- We have a relaxed dress code
- All employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you take pride being a world-class product manager, please consider joining our talented team!!
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Justine works with academic libraries, guiding their transition from a previous ILS—integrated library system—onto Alma, helping to migrate all of their data and educating the librarians about the system.
Back to top