Product Manager Lead
ProQuest - Who we are...
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
Product Manager Lead
In this role you will build products that enable literature and the arts to reach students in universities throughout the world in new ways. How can technology bring a new understanding of Morrison's work? How can video be used to teach the Odyssey? The Product Manager, Lead will combine content and technology to drive the development of our leading Literature and Arts portfolio used in academic libraries globally. You will work with librarians, faculty, and internal teams to deliver the best products to drive revenue growth and usage in this portfolio.
You will also...
• Advance an existing strategy to drive growth
• Construct, justify and recommend business plans for approval.
• Develop a product roadmap, leading product definition and work internally to deliver to market.
• Create detailed product specifications making trade-offs and recommendations between implementation and functionality
• Manage the development and launch of new features and functionality
• Drive the definition of key product analytics and monitor product performance.
• Lead focus groups, customer surveys and user testing to ensure that the voice of the customer is accurately reflected in the product.
• Create full launch package including pricing and product bundling options; targeted segments; competitive analysis; and feedback as necessary into feature/function built.
Three Reasons you should apply...
1. You believe that you can play a role in improving the way that literature is taught, studied and understood.
2. You enjoy seeing the impact that your work has inside and outside your organization.
3. You thrive in an environment where you can learn from a diverse group of colleagues.
This job may not be a fit if...
1. Being held to account for stretch goals is unappealing and stressful for you.
2. You're afraid to take risks and to fail, taking the safe, proven path is your preference.
3. You're more focused on your career goals than the team goals.
Qualified candidates must have...
• Bachelors' degree or higher in related field, plus 6 to 7 years relevant work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Domain Knowledge - Experience with Agile/scrum product development methods,
• Customer Relationship Management - (Proficient) Able to manage complex customer questions and concerns for their product(s). Uses effective communication and active listening skills to assess and understand complex customer concerns, able to leverage resources to address concern and effectively deliver a response to the customer. Seeks support and escalates as needed.
• Investment Payback Understanding - (Competent) Able to use ROI to drive complex decisions with little direction.
• Can raise and answer key questions - (Proficient) Able to maintain a view of the "big picture" of project.
• Understands Business Drivers, Context and Key Issues - (Proficient) Has a deep understanding of business drivers and key issues, sees actions holistically and can execute on them with minimal direction.
• Able to Influence/Success through Teams (persuasion) - (Proficient) With direction, able to establish expectations and motivate performance of others, able to manage performance and hold team members accountable.
• Able to Collaborate effectively with IT functions including product development, content ingestion, and information systems - (Competent) Able to collaborate across teams to manage development of complex products. Uses effective communication and active listening skills to identify and articulate product requirements, able to leverage subject matter expertise across teams to deliver timely results. Seeks support and escalates as needed.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have...
• Fluency in languages other than English.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code... yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you want to develop and build a quality product that will aide researchers and educators, please consider joining the ProQuest team!
Back to top