Product Manager Coordinator
ProQuest - Who we are...
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world. ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
What will I be doing?
As a Product Management Coordinator at ProQuest, you will interact with internal and external stakeholders to support the Books Product Management Team. A key focus will be to assist with the preparation and execution of all bids, tenders and RFPs. In this exciting role, you will have the opportunity to be the liaison between this group and many other functional areas at ProQuest.
In this position, you will also...
• Assist VP and designated Product Managers with prioritizing and tracking product features and stories that are in the planning stage and in the development queue, informing them when development/projects are behind, ahead or behind schedule.
• Track issues with ongoing products, such as monitoring a list of Content Ops responsibilities for ongoing products and compiling responses on a weekly basis from different staff and reporting findings to the appropriate Senior/Lead Product Manager about whether or not they are on task.
• Support a variety of initiatives, assisting with competitive research and analysis and analytics, including comparison for products and market channels.
• Collect and analyze customer feedback from activities conducted by Senior/Lead Product Managers, such as focus groups and surveys and provide recommended solutions to them for next steps.
• Track processes, tasks and schedules within the department.
• Book travel and related events and needs for the VP and designated members of the Product Management Team.
• Process expenses, purchasing activity, and time off on behalf of VP and product management team members.
Qualified Candidates must have...
• Bachelor's degree in related field plus up to 5 years of relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with online research tools and electronic library resources.
• Proven ability to gather and collate data, conduct analysis, look for patterns and recommend and support decisions based on this data.
• Solid understanding of the typical research needs of undergraduate students for area of study.
• Ability to use effective communication and active listening skills to identify and articulate requirements.
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
It would be awesome if you also had...
• Familiarity with ProQuest products.
• Previous experience documenting internal processes.
• Domain knowledge of basic web technologies and online applications used in an academic environment.
Other important information about this position:
• This position is based in ProQuest's Ann Arbor, MI office location.
• Occasional travel is required.
• This position requires weekday attendance and may have some flexibility around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including EBooks, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you take pride in product marketing and working with a collaborative environment, please consider joining our talented team!
Back to top