Product Manager, Content Systems
ProQuest - Who we are...
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
Content Platform Manager
What will I be doing?
The role of the Content Platform Manager is translation and connection. Working closely with the content users and the business units, the Content Platform Manager will translate the needs of these groups into work for the content systems development teams. You will help to identify solutions to the business demands and align the development roadmap to strategic objectives and priorities.
Meeting with the business unit, the content system users and development teams will be part of your regular routine. In addition, you'll prioritize business demands by managing the development backlog and navigating the daily requests from various stakeholders.
In this position, you will also...
• Document clear and measurable platform requirements and makes trade-off recommendations between implementation and functionality.
• Manage the development and launch of new features and functionality through the entire product development lifecycle process.
• Participate in leading focus groups, customer surveys, and user testing to inform product priorities.
• Monitor key product analytics to inform development priorities.
• Drive activities/user stories to deliver product to market, according to product roadmap.
• Support construction and justification of business plan/case; contributes to plan approval.
• Monitor and make recommendations for improvement of product.
• Author market requirements/agile epics.
Reasons you should apply...
1. If you enjoy being the spider in the middle of the web... Seeing and building connections throughout the organization
2. You're focused on what's to come, not what's been. Driving things forward is exciting and rewarding for you.
3. You appreciate both the big picture and the details
This job may not be a fit if...
1. You've never pondered how much more you could do with a clone.
2. You're reluctant to share information across teams, business units, and functions.
3. You don't speak Tech fluently or feel proficient in the translation of it.
Qualified Candidates must have...
• Bachelors' degree or higher in related field, plus 3-5 years relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience managing basic customer questions and concerns for their product(s).
• Excellent communication and active listening skills.
• Previous experience managing projects or people.
• Experience using data to drive simple decisions and establishing relevant metrics.
• Basic understanding of financial modeling and ROI.
• Possesses strong operational and technical instincts.
• Has a working understanding of business drivers and key issues.
• Ability to collaborate across teams to manage product development.
• Has effective presence to inspire confidence of colleagues.
• Must possess ability to gain domain knowledge in position.
Superstar Candidates may ALSO have...
• Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma or other process improvement methodology
• Professional experience in a library setting.
• Fluency in languages other than English.
• Experience with Content Ingestion Platforms
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• Forbes Ranks ProQuest among 2018 America's Best Mid-Size Employers
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code... yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you are a driven professional with a knack for technology and procedural improvement, please consider joining our talented team!!
Back to top