Operations Project Manager
ProQuest – Who we are…
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world. ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
Operations Project Manager
What will I be doing?
As an Operations Project Manager you will have the unique opportunity to work with ProQuest and Ex Libris teams to lead highly visible implementation projects to drive positive customer impact. The operations projects you envision and implement will enhance ProQuest products and services for the customer.
In this position you will also...
- Creates and maintains detailed project plans
- Monitors, tracks and reports on project progress.
- Manages project scope, risks and escalations.
- Coordinates all implementation tasks and other project work, directly with customers or as part of an implementation team.
- Manages customer communication, relationship and expectations throughout project life-cycle.
- Coordinates implementation activities with implementation as well as with other global ProQuest and Ex Libris teams as necessary.
- Reviews and contributes to implementation tools and documents used both internally and by customers.
- Uses defined procedures and systems to perform and document implementation tasks.
- Contributes to the development and improvement of standard procedures.
Qualified Candidates must have…
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in related field, plus 3-5 years relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage several complex tasks concurrently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to motivate a project team and customers without direct reporting responsibility/authority.
- Ability to learn new information quickly and keep up with rapidly changing products and processes.
- Proven skills with Microsoft Office products (particularly Microsoft Project and Power BI), Salesforce, and Basecamp.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to forge strong working relationships with internal and external customers.
Superstar Candidates will also have…
- Working knowledge of library workflows and standards.
- Professional experience working with or supporting ProQuest products.
- Professional experience with cloud-based or Software as a Service (SaaS) products.
- Master’s degree in library/information science or a related technical field.
- PMP or other standard project management certification.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning.
• We hold fun on-site events.
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative.
• We have a relaxed dress code.
• All our employees have access to ProQuest research products including eBooks, genealogy and academic journals.
Other important information about this position:
• It is based in the ProQuest Ann Arbor, MI office location.
• Requires weekday attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
Back to top