New Titles Supervisor
ProQuest - Who we are...
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
New Titles Supervisor
What will I be doing?
The New Titles Supervisor is a working lead role that oversees a team of 9 in day to day title research and submittals for Print and eBooks. You will use your coaching skills and draw upon your knowledge of publishers, academic titles, and the needs of libraries to help the team to deliver pool of titles for consideration on Approvals Plans, Slip Plans, and DDA programs. This goal is to provide a thorough, timely, and accurate stream of academic titles to match customer profiles.
In this position, you will also...
- Update bibliographic description in Coutts system for new titles.
- Adjust computer-generated selection for library profiles as deemed appropriate, with application of good judgment.
- Maintain close communication with publishers, sales, and CCWCs.
- Reviews all library rejects, which he/she has selected to minimize library receipt of unwanted books, in coordination with CCWCs.
- Maintain a high level of productivity and accuracy on individual projects and collaborates with team members for overall group success.
- Respond to quality complaints as they arise and escalates to Manager as needed.
- Respond to substitution requests from Ingram's Fort Wayne operation as they arise, and addresses other routine Fort Wayne issues and problems.
- Conduct bi-weekly one-on-ones with the New Title Specialist team with support from Manager as needed.
- Work with manager to review the group's workloads, production targets, and work quality.
Three Reasons you should apply...
- You have experience managing people and enjoy working with people
- You enjoy working with technology and problem solving
- You enjoy, dynamic and changing environment
This job may not be a fit if...
- You prefer to work alone
- You don't like change
- You don't work well under pressure.
Qualified Candidates must have...
- Bachelor's degree in related field plus 4-5 years' related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience supervising or leading a team.
- Strong knowledge of the publishing industry, including distribution channels for new books within the department's scope.
- Working knowledge of LC, NLM and Dewey classification schedules, non-subject parameters and academic publishers.
- Understanding of basic bibliographic data.
- Excellent researching and problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and order data.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have...
- Master's degree in MLS, MSIS or related degree
- Experience in creating LC, NLM, or Dewey classification schedules and/or academic library experience.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Fluency in languages other than English.
- Cataloging and classification and/or academic library experience.
Other important information about this position:
- This position will be based in La Vergne, TN (No remote work).
- Very limited to no travel is required
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
- We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
- We hold fun on-site events
- Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
- We have a relaxed dress code... yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
- All employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you have Library/Research experience and take pride in coaching and leading teams in a dynamic, please consider joining our talented team!!
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Justine works with academic libraries, guiding their transition from a previous ILS—integrated library system—onto Alma, helping to migrate all of their data and educating the librarians about the system.
Back to top