New Titles Selector I
ProQuest connects people with vetted, reliable information. As a leading technology provider, ProQuest drives better outcomes for researchers and greater efficiency for the libraries and organizations that serve them. Our cloud-based solutions are a gateway to the world's knowledge and enable researchers, students, and librarians to discover, access, share, create, and manage information. Explore working at ProQuest!
As a New Titles Selector I (part-time) you will draw on knowledge of publishers and understanding of academic titles to administer the pool of titles for consideration on Approvals Plans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives scope and timeliness of titles treated by searching catalogs, databases, spreadsheets, and tip sheets to identify titles for ordering or treatment for Approvals customers.
- Demonstrates customer focus by quickly analyzing and fixing metadata errors reported by clients and colleagues.
- Maintains publisher spreadsheets for organized and expeditious publisher analysis.
- Works with colleagues to run reports and analysis of publishers for more targeted title treatment.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- High school diploma/GED or higher.
- 3 years of bookstore, book wholesale, library, or publisher experience.
- Excellent researching and problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and order data.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
- Capacity to learn and master new technology and knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Strong internet search capabilities.
- Understanding of basic bibliographic data.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is based in a ProQuest office location and is typically not conducive to remote work.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Working within the Professional Services Group, Laura acts as a customer advocate and liaison, helping librarians as they use Rosetta for digital preservation—and communicating their needs to Development Teams.
Back to top