ProQuest – Who we are…
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world. ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
What will I be doing?
The Network Architect owns complete responsibility for overall network design and architecture to support routing, switching, voice, video and security infrastructure, while providing support for escalation of complex network, production impacting, issues.
In this position, you will also...
• Engage regularly with technical and non-technical teams to enumerate current areas of concern, future plans, and align on technology direction that best meets the needs of the business and our customer base.
• Develop network; route, switch, voice, video and security, design and architecture impacting future direction of global organization, through the most cost-effective means without compromising quality.
• Act as the primary owner of the design for network planning, monitoring, and assessment.
• Define scope and deliverables for key network projects that have an architecture component.
• Design solutions that are highly efficient, state of the art, resilient, and cost effective.
• Lead the evolution of new standards, and overall network technology direction.
• Review, re-design, disseminate, and where necessary, integrate new standards, specifications, and technologies into existing standards and specifications.
• Lead capacity planning sessions, analyze facilities and bandwidth requirements, to include system interdependencies.
• Design and where needed, inter-networking for newly acquired companies.
• Lend expertise to engineers and administrators as needed to insure timely deployments, changes and problem resolution.
• Respond to and drive to resolution any issues reported during assigned pager rotations.
• Lead vendor relationship management and on-board new technology vendors.
Three reasons you should apply...
1. You’re a big picture person.
2. You take pride in the quality of your work and attention to detail.
3. You are eager to learn new technologies.
This job may not be a fit if...
1. You prefer a solution immediately and lack the desire to follow-up.
2. You do your best work as a solo artist; the rest of the group just slows you down.
3. Effectively communicating is not a high priority.
Qualified Candidates must have…
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field, plus at least 10 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education/certification and experience.
• Expert knowledge of routing, switching and security.
• Excellent researching and problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and order data.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
• Ability to master new technologies quickly.
• Self-starter with ability to work independently with little guidance.
• Strong skills with wireless networking, including design, radio and configuration issues, troubleshooting and analysis.
• Expert knowledge of network security, including secure network design, troubleshooting and assessment of security posture and infrastructure.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have…
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance or other related I.T. field of study.
• CCIE preferred.
• Cisco Expert Level Certification, or higher.
• Amazon Professional Level Certification.
• Aruba Wireless Certification.
• Advanced experience with Palo Alto and Cisco ASA Firewalls.
• Advanced experience with load balancers.
Other important information about this position:
• Position is based in a ProQuest office location and may be appropriate for full or partial remote work, subject to approval.
• Occasional travel may be required.
• Participates in the 24 x 7 Network Engineering pager rotation as assigned.
• Position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Individual may be required to lift equipment, maintain cabling, and work extended hours standing and performing work in a data center.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• Forbes Ranks ProQuest among 2018 America’s Best Mid-Size Employers
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code… yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you’re a talented professional in search of a Network Architect career opportunity within a Global Organization, please consider joining our talented team!!
Back to top