Mobile Solutions Architect, Europe
A mobile-tech solution is starting to make an impression across Europe with huge success in recent years. To increase the growth in the market, we are looking for a dedicated, mobile Higher Education specialists with presentation and language skills.
The Mobile Solutions Architect is responsible for providing presales support and/or consultancy to prospects and existing customers throughout the sales cycle.
The Mobile Solutions Architect is expected to leverage their experience, industry knowledge and standing during presales stages and serve as an undisputed authority on product related issues and when communicating to prospects. The Mobile Solutions Architect is also expected to represent the customers' voice internally with product management and other stakeholders and provide an unsolicited product related feedback from prospects and customers.
This role can be based in Spain, France, Italy or the UK.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serving as s Subject Matter Expert (SME) for various products and handling more strategic sales opportunities with greater level of complexity.
- Work on the translation of the client's business requirements into specific solutions, applications, process designs and implementations of mobile solutions.
- Leading the functional and product related tracks of a sales campaign and control the outward facing messaging to prospects on these matters
- Identifying major product gaps and negotiating with product management on a way to reconcile those gaps if needed
- To uncover the product related and functional needs of the industry, regional and specific customers' and communicate those back to product management.
- Provide technical demonstrations of the product and building a vision of what mobile can do for students and key stakeholders in HEIs.
- Attend meetings with potential Clients to determine technical and business requirements and ensuring that all necessary information is collated prior to producing a solution
- Generate technical documents to support bid responses (RFI, RFP, ITT)
- Joint development of Account Plans with Account Manager/Director
- Interface with the Professional Services team, articulating customer requirement, to ensure smooth transition from Sale to Delivery
- Support Business Development activities in territory with a variety of mediums including webinars, marketing events and campaigns.
- Keeping up to date on the latest trends and developments in the HE industry and potential effects on, and opportunities for, prospects and existing customers
- Up to 50% travelling time in Europe
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business or related fields (or other relevant subject)
- Minimum of 3 years' experience designing and developing business solutions (preferably in the Higher Education environment).
- Knowledge in system integration technologies, protocols and standard (for example: APIs, JSON, XML)
- At least 2 years of experience in enterprise IT pre-sales, or technical consultancy experience
- At least 2 years of experience in the internet industry
- At least 1 year experience in architecting mobile interactive applications
- Ability to accept project priorities and prioritize personal work tasks and work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and project environment.
- Fluent in English and either Spanish, French, Italian or a combination of specified languages.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- A basic understanding of sales processes
- Able to listen in order to assimilate client issues, needs and opportunities
- Good time and personal management skills
- Maintain high level awareness and ability to demonstrate all aspects of the campusM service
- Manage multiple opportunities simultaneously
- Ability to understand technology to a reasonably detailed level
- Organized and methodical with excellent follow-up to ensure client expectations and deadlines are met
- Master's Degree
- Hands on experience and knowledge of the following: Mobile Web (HTML5), iOS and Android development
- Previous experience working in a Higher Education institution.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is typically based in a European corporate office location
- Ability and willingness to travel: up to 50%
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Justine works with academic libraries, guiding their transition from a previous ILS—integrated library system—onto Alma, helping to migrate all of their data and educating the librarians about the system.
Back to top