Market Analytics Manager
ProQuest connects people with vetted, reliable information. As a leading technology provider, ProQuest drives better outcomes for researchers and greater efficiency for the libraries and organizations that serve them. Our cloud-based solutions are a gateway to the world's knowledge and enable researchers, students, and librarians to discover, access, share, create, and manage information. Explore working at ProQuest!
As a Market Analytics Manager, you will provide insights and analytics to customers, and drives sales through producing and coordinating gap, holdings, curriculum, and analyses across the entirety of the company product portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Helps drive new sales and renewals across regions and segments by creating analytics and developing customer-ready support materials in conjunction with marketing.
- Supports major renewals by working with the market development team and sales team on analysis to optimize value to customers and ProQuest.
- Ensures overall sales performance are met and exceeded.
- Coordinates with individual contributors who research university departmental websites and course catalogs to capture course descriptions, syllabi, and faculty biographical information.
- Develops templates with marketing or sales ready reports; modifies templates based on interaction with customers and sales, and measurement of effectiveness.
- Creates and customizes various types of analyses by country, region, and segment to uncover up-sell
- or cross-sell opportunities, and to support significant new sales opportunities.
- Develops strategy and processes in conjunction with other functional areas for prioritizing customers and sales requests.
- Analyzes sales (Account Manager, Customer Renewal Specialist, and Regional Sales Manager)
- workflows to ensure that data and analysis is available at point of need in a simplified workflow.
- Reviews initial processes and develops investment cases for areas that can be automated to increase speed and scale of analysis for sales teams.
- Coordinates with Marketing, Sales Ops, GEMS, and other teams to develop processes to create world class analysis, customer facing documents, and data for all of the analyses that are created and provided to sales teams and customers.
Working with Sales Teams and Customers:
- Supports market development and sales team in high value account planning.
- Maintains a list of projects and adjusting prioritization of workflow as directed.
- Creates metrics for initiatives to measure success or failure, including baseline and test markets KPIs.
- Weekly/monthly reporting of analyses created, in queue, and status / measurement of impact.
- Develops analytics for regional specific programs and opportunities in conjunction with market development team.
- Serves as a liaison between various stakeholders in marketing, product, and sales.
- Serves as a subject matter expert recommending products for new, renewal, and upsell opportunities.
- Uses data to develop reports for product managers and other business partners.
- Bachelor's degree or higher, plus at least 4 years of work experience in library and/or information industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experienced in working in an international matrix organization.
- Demonstrated analytical ability – including advanced Excel, Access, or other database skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong visual presentation skills.
- Effectively uses influence to lead projects, able to influence the performance of others through effective collaboration.
- Experience with measuring differences and effectiveness of programs.
- Effective use of data to drive more complex decisions, ability to establish relevant metrics.
- Degree in Library Science and/or MBA.
- Work experience in a scholarly environment and information industry.
- Experience in understanding user workflows and creating sustainable processes.
- Experience working with academic libraries and consortia.
- Strong understanding of the academic information market.
- Project management or Lean Six Sigma experience.
- People management experience.
- Fluency in languages other than English.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is based in the Ann Arbor, MI ProQuest office location and may be appropriate for full or partial remote work, subject to approval.
- Limited travel is required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Working within the Professional Services Group, Laura acts as a customer advocate and liaison, helping librarians as they use Rosetta for digital preservation—and communicating their needs to Development Teams.
Back to top