Jr. Business Systems Analyst
ProQuest - Who we are...
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world. ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
What will I be doing?
As a Jr. Business Systems Analyst at ProQuest, you will be an integral part of a highly focused team responsible for delivering and supporting application lifecycle projects utilizing commercial, open source and custom-developed software. Solution focus areas include Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Digital Marketing. You will help drive projects and work directly with company leaders for the requirements, design and implementation assurance of digital solutions.
In this position, you will also...
• Interact with clients, project teams and partners to ensure that the end-to-end requirements are positioned and integrated correctly and to architect the solution using the most appropriate technologies considering costs, time-to-market and serviceability.
• Work closely with Marketing, Customer Experience, Sales Operations and Technology teams to gather, analyze and document business cases, functional and technical requirements and process flow diagrams for new projects, enhancements to existing solutions and production issues reported by users.
• Interpret business needs and technical requirements into integrated solutions, providing direction for system enhancements and defect fixes. Perform gap analysis.
• Manage UAT with end users including coordination and user acceptance signoff.
• Contribute to the creation of best practices through the identification of reusable project-level assets. Support change control practices, including the management of user requests/approach and promoting changes to production.
Qualified Candidates must have...
• Bachelor's degree or higher in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience assisting in requirements, design, and implementation of business processes and solutions.
• Strong and effective written, verbal, and presentation skills with the ability to collaborate with team members and business stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrable evidence of analyzing and documenting business processes and writing requirements specifications for Information Systems.
• Demonstrated experience in project conceptualization and planning.
• Commitment to a disciplined methodological approach, while also possessing the ability to work in very dynamic environments.
It would be awesome if you also had...
• Prior experience as a business systems analyst on a project team, assisting with requirements, design and implementation of digital processes and solutions.
• Experience with manipulating data and preparing as-is process documentation, to-be process documentation and detailed gap analysis.
• Experience creating and executing unit, integration and user acceptance test plans.
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies; Project Management experience is a plus.
• Knowledge of Marketing and Support Process Automation.
Other important information about this position:
• This position will be based in the Ann Arbor, MI - ProQuest office location.
• Occasional travel may be required.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code... yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you take pride in devising business solutions in a collaborative environment, please consider joining our talented team!
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Justine works with academic libraries, guiding their transition from a previous ILS—integrated library system—onto Alma, helping to migrate all of their data and educating the librarians about the system.
Back to top