ProQuest is seeking an Implementation Consultant:
The Implementation Consultant provides system analysis, configuration and training, in direct communication with customers and as part of a project team. The Implementation consultant would be working with the Implementation for ExLibris, a ProQuest Company’s products and can be located in the Des Plaines, IL, Seattle, WA , or Newton, MA offices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs system and data analysis as part of product implementations.
- Performs product configuration based on customer requirements.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots customer issues and requests and provides first line support to customers during the implementation cycle.
- Interprets and understands customer requirements and workflows and translates into solutions.
- Provides online and/or on-site product training for customers.
- Reviews and contributes to training materials, implementation tools and documents used internally and by customers.
- Coordinates implementation activities extensively with other teams including Cloud Services, Support, Sales and Product Management.
- Performs and documents implementation tasks using defined procedures and systems.
- Contributes to the development and improvement of standard procedures.
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in library technology or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of customer service experience in a library or other business/technical environment.
- Excellent analytical, technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with metadata standards and experience working with MARC, Dublin Core and/or other metadata standards used in the library and information markets.
- Demonstrated ability to manage several complex tasks concurrently and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven capability to successfully train others on products.
- Capacity to learn new information quickly and keep up with rapidly changing products and processes.
- Master’s degree in library/information science or other technical field.
- Working knowledge of library workflows and standards.
- Experience working with Ex Libris products.
- Experience with cloud-based or SaaS products.
Other important information about this position:
- This position may be based in our Des Plaines, IL, Newton, MA or Seattle, WA office locations.
- This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Senior Manager Of Customer Experience, North America
As Senior Manager, Sharon ensures timely, accurate, and high-quality customer service by working closely with Sales, Marketing, and Support Teams to focus on service and meeting customer expectations.
Back to top