ProQuest - Who we are...
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world. ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
Ex Libris Group, a ProQuest Company, is a leading provider of library automation solutions to university, college, and research libraries worldwide. We offer the only comprehensive product suite for the discovery, management, and distribution of all materials-print, electronic and digital.
What will I be doing?
As an Ex Libris Implementation Consultant, you will provide system analysis, configuration and training, in direct communication with customers and as part of a project team.
In this position, you will also...
Perform system and data analysis as part of product implementations.
Perform product configuration based on customer requirements.
Analyze and troubleshoot customer issues and request and provide first line support to customers during the implementation cycle.
Understand customer requirements and workflows and translate into solutions.
Provide online and/or on-site product training for customers.
Review and contribute to training materials, implementation tools and documents for internal and customer use.
Coordinate implementation activities extensively with other teams and Product Management.
Contribute to the development and improvement of standard procedures.
Three Reasons you should apply...
1. If you are analytical and enjoy performing system and data analysis
2. If you like to be the first line of support to analyze and troubleshoot customer issues
3. If you are good at coordinating implementation activities independently and with other teams
This job may not be a fit if...
1. You do not like working directly with customers to provide solutions
2. You do not enjoy conducting online or on-site training for customers
3. You do not want to work collaboratively with other teams
Qualified Candidates must have...
Bachelor's degree or higher in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in library technology or related field.
Minimum of 3 years of customer service experience in a library or other business/technical environment.
Excellent analytical, technical and troubleshooting skills.
Familiarity with metadata standards and experience working with MARC, Dublin Core and/or other metadata standards used in the library and information markets.
Demonstrated ability to manage several complex tasks concurrently and meet deadlines.
Superstar Candidates will also have...
Master's degree in library/information science or other technical field.
Working knowledge of library workflows and standards.
Experience working with Ex Libris products.
Experience with cloud-based or SaaS products.
Other important information about this position:
• This position is based at the Ex Libris office in Des Plaines, IL or may be located in our Seattle, WA location.
• Occasional travel is required.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code... yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you take pride in providing Gold Star customer service please consider joining our talented team!!
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Justine works with academic libraries, guiding their transition from a previous ILS—integrated library system—onto Alma, helping to migrate all of their data and educating the librarians about the system.
Back to top