HRIS & Data Manager
ProQuest products are a gateway to the world’s knowledge. Our vast collections span six centuries, all disciplines and, the diverse content needed by researchers. We provide the world’s largest collection of dissertations and theses. Researchers find three centuries of newspapers; more than half a billion academic e-books; collections of important scholarly journals and other content they need for primary source materials in their area of study.
HRIS & Data Manager oversees delivery of the daily transactional and operational management of the Human Capital Management system. This is a full-time position based in our Ann Arbor office and reporting to the VP of HR.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Spearheads business rules, polices, and compliance around HR tools, standards, data integrity, data protection, enhancements, security profiles and reporting areas.
- Responsible for the critical management of the HR Analytics and Data Reporting capabilities.
- Direct accountability of complete HR systems optimization; ensuring that ProQuest has fully streamlined and optimized HRIS capabilities to provide our employees with a user friendly experience, enable real time information to managers and do so in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Manages an HR business intelligence function to document, streamline, and automate HR policies, processes and procedures.
- Evaluates effectiveness of all HR system in order to optimize investments.
- Close coordination with Global Enterprise Management Systems (GEMS) team, HR Operations and Recruiting for systems optimization and reliability.
- Creates, maintains, and ensures quality assurance of key human resources data sets, reports, and metrics.
- Supports the HR Leadership Team in using data to influence changes to client and/or HR operations, processes, or programs, in order to improve business effectiveness.
- Provides management support to the Human Resource function in the areas of people metrics, reporting, and advanced and predictive analytics.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts across the HR service areas to promote data governance and stewardship, and to improve overall strategic and operational performance and insight.
- Responsible for designing and continuously streamlining Company-wide HR data and reporting, using benchmarking and best practices as guiding standards.
- Defines the system roadmaps for decision making to ensure releases are performant, scalable, meet both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Provides coaching and training on use and interpretation of metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, plus at least 7 years of applicable analysis and/or reporting experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expert with Ultimate Software HCM or an expert with the technical applications design/quality to streamline multiple systems.
- Strong technical skills with expertise with MS Office Suite including Excel, Access, and Visio.
- Strong consultative, critical thinking and analytic skills with ability to operate strategically and build effective partnerships across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Experience working in high-growth, performance focused environments.
- Ability to lead large scale projects in fast paced matrix organizations.
- Excellent executive presentation skills: ability to distill and present actionable information from complex research.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate analytics and analytical insights to a non-technical audience.
- Continuous improvement mindset and a passion for measuring results through data and metrics.
- Experience working across multiple countries.
- Strong business and financial acumen, with proven ability in data analysis and interpretation, statistical application, and workforce modeling.
- Excellent planning, organization, and problem-solving skills with the ability to successfully handle multiple concurrent priorities simultaneously; attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy; ability to thrive in dynamic, fast paced environment.
- High standards for customer service and the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across HR, and business groups.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, risk, and changing direction of projects and strategies spending long periods of time seated in front of a computer screen to meet tight deadlines.
- HR experience in professional services, business services, or related industry.
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, or related subject area.
- Experience with Ultimate Software (UltiPro HCM), Taleo, MS SharePoint, SQL, Oracle Enterprise BI suite a plus
- Functional and technical experience in relational database, business intelligence, reporting, and/or HRMS systems (e.g., SQL, Oracle BI HCM, Business Objects, Cognos, Crystal Reports and Hyperion).
While other companies might say they value work/life balance, ProQuest lives it. Our work environment is casual, we have great benefits and working hours are flexible. Based in Ann Arbor, we are within walking distance to Downtown, Briarwood Mall and multiple dining experiences. Join ProQuest today. Live and work in Ann Arbor, a naturally beautiful, vibrant and world-class city.
Back to top