HRIS & Data Manager
Who is ProQuest?
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
In Texas, a grad student unearths a lost work by Walt Whitman, opening new perspectives on the influential poet. In Germany, a cancer researcher’s refined workflow takes treatment a vital step forward. In Rotuma, a filmmaker inspires researchers everywhere to explore the culture of his tiny Polynesian island.
In classrooms, libraries, businesses and homes worldwide, people are doing extraordinary things with help from ProQuest, a leader in research and educational technology, based here in Ann Arbor.
What will I be doing?
It’s an exciting time to be at ProQuest. As the HRIS & Data Manager, you will be responsible for both the technical and functional aspects of the Human Capital Management system (UltiPro). In addition to day-to-day systems operations, you will have the opportunity to lead enhancement of security policies, compliance standards, data integration, User Access permissions and other HRIS functions. Ad hoc reporting, system implementations, and conducting complex analysis will be part of your daily routine. This role requires a 50/50 split of functional and technical HRIS knowledge. As part of a growing and dynamic HR team, you will work collaboratively across the organization to lead key initiatives fand be a part of key contributions to the overall Enterprise Strategy. Please note that this is an individual contributor role.
Your Responsibilities Will Also Include:
- Responsible for the critical management of the HR Analytics and Data Reporting capabilities.
- Direct accountability of HR systems optimization; ensuring that ProQuest has fully streamlined and optimized HRIS capabilities to provide employees with a user friendly experience and enable real time information to managers in an effective and responsible way.
- Evaluates impact of all HR systems in order to optimize investments.
- Collaborate with Global Enterprise Management Systems (GEMS) team, HR Operations and Recruiting for systems optimization and reliability.
- Supports the HR Leadership Team in using data and metrics to influence organizational changes to improve business effectiveness.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts across the HR service areas to promote and operational performance and insight.
- Defines the system roadmaps for decision making to ensure releases are scalable and meet both functional and non-functional requirements.
What you will need to be successful
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, plus at least 7 years of applicable analysis and/or reporting experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expert with Ultimate Software HCM or an expert with the technical applications design/quality to streamline multiple systems.
- Strong consultative, critical thinking and analytic skills with ability to operate strategically and build effective partnerships across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Experience working in high-growth, performance focused environments.
- Ability to lead large scale projects in fast paced matrix organizations.
- Continuous improvement mindset and a passion for measuring results through data and metrics.
- Global Experience
- HR experience in professional services, business services, or related industry.
Ideal Candidates Will Have…
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
- Experience with Ultimate Software (UltiPro HCM), Taleo, MS SharePoint, SQL, Oracle Enterprise BI suite a plus
- Functional and technical experience in relational database, business intelligence, reporting, and/or HRMS systems (e.g., SQL, Oracle BI HCM, Business Objects, Cognos, Crystal Reports and Hyperion).
Why Work for ProQuest?
While other companies might say they value work/life balance, ProQuest lives it. Our work environment is casual, we have great benefits and working hours are flexible. Based in Ann Arbor, we are within walking distance to Downtown, Briarwood Mall and multiple dining experiences. Join ProQuest today. Live and work in Ann Arbor, a naturally beautiful, vibrant and world-class city.
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Senior Manager Of Customer Experience, North America
As Senior Manager, Sharon ensures timely, accurate, and high-quality customer service by working closely with Sales, Marketing, and Support Teams to focus on service and meeting customer expectations.
Back to top