HR Business Partner
Are you seeking a challenging, senior-level Human Resources role?
ProQuest is hiring a strategic Human Resources Business Partner with the ability to seamlessly transition between strategic and tactical HR competencies while driving organizational design, leadership coaching and development, complex employee relations matters and more.
This is a full-time position based in our Mountain View office and reporting to the Sr. Manager of Human Resources. You will be the business partner to our Books business unit which provides print and electronic books to academic research libraries.
Why should YOU want to work on OUR HR Team and in our company?
- Join a group of talented HR professionals around the globe
- Lead our West Coast HR presence and bring California HR subject-matter expertise to our team
- Build close working partnership with executives and senior leaders, and be part of their leadership teams.
- Partner with talented teams that create cutting-edge research materials used by researchers at some of the most prestigious universities in the world.
- You'll have the opportunity to own and drive projects and initiatives that fuel our business.
- Progressive HR philosophy and an opportunity to contribute our team's continuous improvement.
- You'll drive the ProQuest Culture – Work hard, give back, celebrate!
Among other things, you will:
- Apply a high degree of initiative and senior HR skills to deliver HR services; offering a fresh perspective, challenging the status quo, adding efficiencies and effectiveness, incorporating best practices, and driving change.
- Leverage organizational design and change management expertise to drive initiatives in partnership with client leaders.
- Independently address complex employee relations matters; performing root cause analysis, mitigating risk, and developing plans that support positive outcomes.
- Partner with Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, and Compensation/ Benefits/ Operations teams to develop, deliver, and evaluate processes, programs and training.
- Provide guidance and coaching to develop existing and next-generation leaders; partnering with leadership to unlock and unleash potential within their teams.
Qualifications we seek in a candidate:
- Bachelors' degree or higher in related field, plus at least 4 years' related senior level HR experience in a high growth environment (i.e.: technology, professional services) and at least 8 years related HR and/or business management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PHR/SHRM-CP or higher certification and other HR-related certifications.
- Advanced HR project management skills, with ability to independently scope, design, and manage complex, large-scale projects.
- Strong organizational design, organizational change management, talent development, HR project management, coaching, and employee relations skills.
- High degree of initiative with ability to influence and drive change from idea stage to fruition.
- Solid business acumen; understanding of business strategy, drivers, and processes.
- Exceptional employee relations skills, with ability to facilitate solutions to complex challenges and provide sound counsel.
- Ability to independently design and lead presentations and trainings for in-person and online audiences.
Other good stuff:
- Professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
- Work with a collaborative, smart team
- Relaxed dress code
- Access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you take pride in delivering Gold Standard HR, please consider joining our talented team!
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Working within the Professional Services Group, Laura acts as a customer advocate and liaison, helping librarians as they use Rosetta for digital preservation—and communicating their needs to Development Teams.
Back to top