Head of Pre-Sales, EMEA
The Ex Libris EMEA Head of Pre-Sales is responsible for inspiring, motivating and leading the regional pre-sales and proposal team members across the region. This team is instrumental to Ex Libris' success with customers and prospects. They work closely with the Sales account managers, marketing team, PS and the corporate product management to develop account and solution strategies in order to grow our business and continually improve customer engagement
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of solution experts and proposal team to support the sales process with a coordinated approach to pre-sales activities including discovery and qualification, customized demoing, design and quoting, and hand over to services across the Ex Libris portfolio of solutions. This includes:
- Full ownership of pre-sale cycle - engage with Ex Libris' prospects and clients to understand technical and functional requirements needed to deliver business benefit of the entire Ex Libris portfolio of solutions
- Be able to position the Ex Libris portfolio as a superior set of solutions for the target markets. Explain features and benefits of the Ex Libris solutions in comparison to competitive products in the market
- Deliver product technical and functional presentations and demonstrations to prospective customers
- Communicate with sales, services and product management regarding customer needs, priorities and regional trends
- Lead Proof of Concept engagements, working with the client, sales, and functional and technical pre-sales teams
- Co-ordinate tender responses (RFI/RFPs); identifying suitable internal resources, understanding client requirements and ensuring proactive communications with customers and internal stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction
- Line manage the EMEA pre-sales group consisting of:
- Field pre-sales experts, subject matter experts, and solution sales specialists
- Proposal team manager who directly manages a team of proposal writers
- Group management - attract, retain and recruit high performing employees. Manage team engagement and motivation. Initiate and implement development programs for the European pre-sales team. Drive innovation and pro-activeness in the team.
- Monitor the group performance and quality of delivery -
- Occasionally review proposals, configuration and documentation of Ex Libris solutions, ensuring they meet customer and sales objectives
- Develop best practices and ensure high quality of demos and presentations made by the presales members
- Provide operational reports and updates to EMEA management as needed
- Be part of the EMEA management team
- BS or technical BA degree. MBA is a plus
- Recognized strengths in people management - effective team builder with strong leadership qualities. Ability to coach, motivate and supervise team members, while cooperating with other functions in the organization. Minimum of 2 years in managerial positions
- Experience in product management positions and / or leading pre-sale and/or solution sales teams in international software/technology companies
- Fast learner, resourceful, self-starter, pro-active, creative, thinks out of the box
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, representative
- Strong customer focus, results and business driven
- Experience and knowledge of the higher education and/or library industry - an advantage
Excellent command of English spoken & written - must. Other European languages - an advantage
Other important information about this position:
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Back to top